Blackfeather Woods "Listen, my child," you say to me
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

The calming sensation that only Nyx can bring to him runs through Damien's body, and it does indeed make his awakening easier. He knows they share a purpose now, and now with the knot tied there was simply no doubt in Damien's mind that Nyx was his most loyal ally and most dangerous weapon. Only with her would he attempt what he was about to do, which he had only seen Potema do once before with vaguely satisfactory results.

After rising from his slumber Damien gathered some herbs that he had borrowed from @Relmyna's stash the night before and placed them inside the broken skull of a dog that the dark prince had killed so long ago, and once he made sure he had everything he needed he grabbed the skull and emerged from the den with an air of confidence. Damien was no mage or witch, and never had he actually inquired about the works of magick to his mother or sister, but he had a purpose, and he had seen Potema perform the ritual once. What else could he need? He put the skull down at Nyx's paws for a moment as he remembered something, and came back inside to fetch the moonstone that he had brought  a gift to his sister back from the quarry that had almost killed him so long ago. It still vibrated with energy, and the name 'Ghian' echoed in his mind as he placed it inside the skull with the rest of the ingredients. A short doubtful glace was cast at Nyx, but still the dark prince was resolved to go forth with the plan and drew a path down to the mire without muttering a single word.

But his silence was not without a purpose. He knew that for the ritual to be successful he would have to come dangerously close to the void, and if he wasn't focused enough on the task at hand he risked getting touched by it. He didn't know what that meant but he'd rather not to find out.

The Night was dark under the new moon, but as the darker couple came through the grotto the Nightcaller Temple pulsed with energy as if it was calling for them. The titanic rocks at the top of the altar glowed green in tune with the pulse, and though the hip embedded at it's center, taken from Meldresi's own corpse, had slowly been reclaimed by nature the carvings still oozed with energy. We have all we need, said the dark prince as he removed each bundle of herbs from the skull an arranged them in front of the altar in a line. Nightshade, Jimson Weed, Witch's Hat, Poppy. He didn't know their names but he recognized them by scent. Finally he took the stone and placed it in front of Nyx. Are you ready? he asked, concealing his fear through his stoic expression. They had gone through the details: Nyx would be his anchor, and should Damien get too close to the void or if it became too hard to pull himself back up to reality she would be his only guiding light.

ouch what a novel. No need to match the length btw
You might wanna read some of this thread
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Messages In This Thread
"Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - July 31, 2018, 04:49 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 05, 2018, 12:30 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 09, 2018, 02:40 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 11, 2018, 03:38 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 11, 2018, 04:05 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 11, 2018, 06:42 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 11, 2018, 06:59 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 11, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 12, 2018, 07:33 AM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 21, 2018, 05:37 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 22, 2018, 12:12 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 22, 2018, 12:35 PM