Blackfeather Woods "Listen, my child," you say to me
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Damien shivered, the other side was cold in a way that the mortal plane could never be, chilling the very core of his bones. But he wasn't there for the scenery, he was there to seek his mother and he blinked back and forth hoping to find her hiding in the shadows. Nothing. He tried calling, but only the echo of his own voice replied. Had me made some kind of mistake? He was sure he had done everything exactly the way Potema had and he was sure she had made contact. Did he not possess the kind of magic needed to summon the dead?

The pressure kept growing and Damien's body was weakened. He falls limp to the ground, staring blankly at the distance.

A voice growled, a voice he recognized, but it was not his mother's. It was deep and angry, but still warm with fatherly love. "I thought I had raised you to be a better man..." it said. and pain struck Damien's heart. If Burke was here it could only mean one thing... He wanted to say sorry, but as quickly as it came Burke's voice faded with the wind, replaced by a much darker one. "Only you can see her quest accomplished now," said the dark man as his figure literally materialized from shadows. Uncle? said Damien surprised. My mother, I need to speak to her he urged, but Miraak did not respond. Beside him emerged yet another figure. It was Meldresi, just the way Damien remembered her, and Damien's throat became a tight knot. "My handsome boy," she said, but Damien couldn't bring his body to move. "Our name shall live on," she spoke again, her voice an ethereal thread of magik. "Step up, now is the time," said Miraak beside her sternly, as if he knew what Damien had come looking for.

But before he could do or say anything his lover brings him back. As water splashes on his face Damien resurfaces, weak, depleted. He grunts and whines, the journey to the other side has taken an enormous toll on his body. Oh, my love... he manages to whisper as his eyes fucus lazily on Nyx's face, but otherwise Damien is mostly unconscious.

[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Messages In This Thread
"Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - July 31, 2018, 04:49 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 05, 2018, 12:30 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 09, 2018, 02:40 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 11, 2018, 03:38 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 11, 2018, 04:05 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 11, 2018, 06:42 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 11, 2018, 06:59 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 11, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 12, 2018, 07:33 AM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 21, 2018, 05:37 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 22, 2018, 12:12 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 22, 2018, 12:35 PM