Emberwood retracing his steps over and over
11 Posts
Ooc — Rin
The look he gave her after "food land" and the quiet snort of clear amusement made the girl's fur burn even hotter— and not with anything good. She mentally cursed herself and cursed her inability to be natural, wondering WHY she was like this, and yet all the same, as much as she was embarrassed and ashamed, also held some odd ounce of defensive pride over her strangeness, perhaps thinking something like "hey, if I don't stick out for me, who will?" So, with that, despite wishing she could take the words back, she dared to angle her chin up a little and toss out, "Yep, Food Land," her tone suggesting that was her final answer and she was sticking with it.

Then, the handsome stranger chuckled and, leaning over so as to gaze past her, noted he didn't think she'd fit into Food Land, "no offense". To that, she merely smiled, eyes squinting from its wideness, and after briefly glancing over her shoulder at the burrow, cocked a brow. "Yeah. Me neither."

"I noticed a doe and fawn scent trail a few paces back," he starts, drawing her attention and wiping the sarcastic smile from her face, genuine interest now showing instead. He went on the explain the apparently "infamous" tendency of does to leave their young untended in tall grass while they went out looking for food, and promised that if this was the case (and if they hadn't been spooked off by their talking or her attempts to become one with rabbits), it would be an easy catch. 

Hmm. Intriguing... She'd never really gone for anything big like a fawn before. There had been one time she and a few of her siblings went off to go play in a small clearing and, upon discovering the presence of a mother and her fawn, she'd been dared to chase after the baby... but she'd only taken a few steps in their direction before the mother instantly became aware and chased them all off. She'd never actually tried to hunt one, and though it sounded a lot more filling than some scrawny rabbit, she admittedly had her suspicions. Not of his claim, but more so of her hunting ability.

She scoffed and lightly kicked at the ground with one paw. "Well, yeah, but... rabbits were also supposed to be an easy catch, annnnd... Fooood laaand..." The last part had trailed off and been mumbled to herself. "But, I mean... if you want to?" Hopeful blue eyes turned to him in what could only be interpreted as, "I might fuck this whole thing up, but if you still want to try??"

Messages In This Thread
retracing his steps over and over - by RIP Wintersbane - August 01, 2018, 04:32 AM
RE: retracing his steps over and over - by Sybil - August 01, 2018, 08:33 PM
RE: retracing his steps over and over - by Sybil - August 02, 2018, 09:09 AM
RE: retracing his steps over and over - by Sybil - August 03, 2018, 05:02 PM
RE: retracing his steps over and over - by Sybil - August 04, 2018, 12:48 PM
RE: retracing his steps over and over - by Sybil - August 05, 2018, 03:23 PM