Heron Lake Plateau I Hear the Wind Call My Name
97 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
For someone so big his dad could sure be sneaky sometimes. Owen turned with wide, slightly wavery eyes that still took a moment to focus, to look at his father's big shadowy head as it interposed itself between him and the dirt wall. Owen then looked at that dastardly dirt corner, and back again at the bigger male. He had to admit that despite his differences of opinion with the frequent and milkless black-furred intruder he was at least a little impressed that the big male so quietly and bravely put himself right there next to the dirt corner that the small boypup was convinced secretly had it out for him. Owen was a little braver himself now, too, both from this inspiring example and because, well, if the dirt corner lunged suddenly to bite anyone, it'd get a nice big mouthful of Quixote to chew through long before it came anywhere near to Owen himself. Better and better. Owen stuck his nose out to touch his father's face, and take in a quiet and reassuring sniff of the man. His papa might be annoying and inconveniently dry of Owen's favorite food but he was definitely and reassuringly familiar at the very least. The same could not be said of the big wide world out there that Owen turned to squarely face once more, beefing up his shoulders and taking a big preparatory breath.

Aithsee, he nattered softly back at Quixote. Aithsee, aithseesumpf adehr. He only half-understood the words to begin with, and articulating them was, well, a bit of a futile exercise still. Owen responded slightly more sensibly in ptero, however; not really a full sentence there either but more of a silent acknowledgement of his father's words. He lacked the vocabulary as well as a significant chunk of the comprehension still; this was frustrating. Owen tried to make his meaning clearer by poking out an indicative paw to point out the bright sunshine's golden glare, trying to at least show if he couldn't tell anyone just how much the inarticulate longing it was awakening in him was strengthening. But he didn't stop to wait for an answer to this before he slipped outdoors, only to stand directly in the bright sunlight straight outside and blink upwards in some confusion at its source. He was still getting used to this whole weird sun... thing...too.
Messages In This Thread
I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - August 04, 2018, 02:39 PM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - August 10, 2018, 02:09 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - August 19, 2018, 01:54 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - September 07, 2018, 11:32 PM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - September 14, 2018, 04:43 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - September 16, 2018, 01:06 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - September 17, 2018, 03:04 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - September 25, 2018, 10:32 PM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - September 28, 2018, 04:13 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - December 09, 2018, 12:45 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - December 27, 2018, 04:40 PM