Heron Lake Plateau I Hear the Wind Call My Name
97 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Owen was a big scary wolf, growing bigger and scarier every day, and able to warn off any and all murderous grasshoppers with his fierce size and strength? He doubted it. He very much doubted it. He gave his father a long, dubious stare, drinking in Quixote's big black bulk and completely unable to fathom the idea of ever being anywhere near that big and scary himself. Maybe his father just didn't remember what it was like to be so small and helpless and totally unscary. If indeed Quixote ever could have really been such a pup himself; Owen rather doubted that, too. His imagination just wouldn't go there.

Instead he was envisioning what it might look like if there were other, not-so-itty-bitty bugs lurking about in the vaguely threatening waving of the grasses and mystifying shadows of the trees that he cast his eyes across once again. All the meanwhile his father was starting to go on about finding another one and getting a better look and some sort of vague pseudopromise that no, it really wouldn't be all that scary this time. Hah! Owen would believe it when he saw it, or rather, refused to go and see it and invite any sort of belief. Nyah, he said, very distinctly and emphatically, and planted his butt as deep into the dirt as it would go, whilst still trying to keep his paws wrapped about Quixote's foreleg like velcro. Donee' anudderone. Donee' a bigg'rerrer buh! Was that the ominous glowing red eyes of a giant grasshopper there in the shadows of that bush, or just the wayward refelction of the treacherous sun? Annoh uh bigg'rerwuf, annohnee nuhbigg'rerrerbuh, donneeah golookin'! Owen's weight wasn't likely to prove much of an impediment to Quixote's leg, and his babbled pseudowords might not be in the least clear to his father's put-upon ears, but his attitude and total dissatisfaction with this "solution" of Quixote's was being made plenty clear enough. Nyah! he repeated for good measure, a little louder yet, even as he wondered if Mommy was going to wake up and come rescue him before this crazy wolf could get too insistent about his crazy grasshopper-hunting plans.
Messages In This Thread
I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - August 04, 2018, 02:39 PM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - August 10, 2018, 02:09 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - August 19, 2018, 01:54 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - September 07, 2018, 11:32 PM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - September 14, 2018, 04:43 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - September 16, 2018, 01:06 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - September 17, 2018, 03:04 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - September 25, 2018, 10:32 PM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - September 28, 2018, 04:13 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Quixote - December 09, 2018, 12:45 AM
RE: I Hear the Wind Call My Name - by Owen - December 27, 2018, 04:40 PM