Emberwood Osprey meets weasel
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
A few moments more of furious scrabbling ensued before Nynka stuck her pointy nose down into the excavation interrogatively, and then rocked back with a hefty sigh of disgust. The mouse was well and truly gone, or at the very least buried deep enough and hiding its scent well enough that it wasn't worth the effort to dig it up. It was only a few mouthfuls, a bare few calories whose resultant energy would at this point be exceeded by the earthmoving required to acquire them. Nynka's whiskers drooped sulkily, and she hunched her shoulders up in a brooding fashion, right before the bird's next words shot through her and made her sit up ramrod-stright in indignation.

Unable to get food—! Hhhhmmmph! Well, maybe if interfering birds didn't come swooping along and sticking their big fat beaks all up in my business...! I suppose, though, as she calmed down a little bit and was able to more-objectively assess the advantages, I suppose that if you want to try and make up for your ill manners by bringing me something, I shan't stop you.

Pretty rich of this weasel to accuse others of ill manners, for sure. Nynka shot a surly look of calculation and a touch of envy at the striated feathers resting neatly at the bird's side; a birds-eye view from the skies above was one advantage she herself could never possess. Not unless she wished to give up her weaselly nature and manage to acquire some feathers herself as a replacement, anyhow, which was out of the question no matter how much she might wish she could fly. In any case, she was not at all loathe to take as much advantage of a bird's scouting abilities to help her get a good meal, especially if she could convince this featherbrained pinhead to serve her whims exactly as she wished to dictate them. The tip of Nynka's tongue darted out to quickly skim her whiskers as her mind jumped ahead to the possibilities of trading up to bigger and better prey than some skinny little mouse: surely this bird would be capable of locating a trundling gopher or nice fat rabbit for her instead.
Messages In This Thread
Osprey meets weasel - by Sonny - August 05, 2018, 11:31 PM
RE: Osprey meets weasel - by Nynka - August 06, 2018, 02:11 PM
RE: Osprey meets weasel - by Sonny - August 12, 2018, 05:32 PM
RE: Osprey meets weasel - by Nynka - August 18, 2018, 10:21 PM
RE: Osprey meets weasel - by Sonny - August 19, 2018, 10:21 AM
RE: Osprey meets weasel - by Nynka - August 23, 2018, 02:34 AM