Moonspear filling me with wonder for all that is
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴     Together they could bring down anything, and this event would solidify the prowess of the two of them working in tandem within his mind; he knew he could count on his brother above his other siblings for they shared a deep connection (perhaps not as deep as the twins but it was still something). The doe would not last much longer. Revui could taste the sour note of blood on his tongue as he bit down against the soft flesh of the creature's throat, and while it stamped and kicked and tried to ward them off, soon it was tiring and the boys would have brought about her end. Revui couldn't stop the natural grin of his crocodile teeth any more than he could prevent the thrilling sensation that took hold of his entire body when the doe began to suffocate.

When she finally stopped fighting them, knowing her end was coming, her lethargy brought a sudden change in Revui. He shook his head and felt the pinching of his teeth in to the creature's throat but the doe did not fight it; he rumbled a sound in the back of his throat to goad more activity from her but to no avail; soon the creature was limp in his grasp, and he released her — spat her out like a used up piece of bone that no longer held interest. The red of her blood was coursing down her neck from his bite but Revui didn't end things there and then. He watched the bubbling liquid, cast a glance at Arcturus, and then began to stalk away from their first would-be kill, utterly bored.

His heart was still thundering in his chest, but the adrenaline had begun to subside and Revui was looking for something to top him up again. He didn't know why he was thirsting so badly for that sort of thrill, but he had felt something so intense when he'd found that doe — and so he began to backtrack, finding her trail and the strange scent of afterbirth mingled with the drying mud that her bolting body had created, and that was when he found it. It smelled new, with a sweetness like he had never noticed before. The fawn was coiled up in the grass but it lifted its head when he appeared, curious and utterly innocent to the danger Revui posed.

Moments later, and the new thing was squealing for its mother and Revui was backtracking from that patch of hidden greenery, his teeth set in to the base of the babe's neck, and he was forcing it to come along as he exposed it to both the struggling mother and his beloved Arcturus. The babe could barely walk, and Revui more or less dragged it kicking and shrieking in to the open. Once he released it he looked to his brother with a bright expression and his tail fanning above his hips, more than pleased with himself. He'd found a new toy.

Messages In This Thread
filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - August 10, 2018, 11:27 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - August 11, 2018, 12:13 AM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - August 11, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - August 11, 2018, 07:59 AM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - September 13, 2018, 07:20 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - September 16, 2018, 08:15 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - September 16, 2018, 09:00 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - September 17, 2018, 05:49 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - September 17, 2018, 09:00 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - September 18, 2018, 02:32 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Arcturus - September 18, 2018, 07:51 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Revui (Ghost) - September 11, 2018, 02:21 AM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Revui (Ghost) - September 16, 2018, 06:46 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Revui (Ghost) - September 16, 2018, 08:48 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Revui (Ghost) - September 17, 2018, 11:57 AM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Revui (Ghost) - September 17, 2018, 06:02 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Revui (Ghost) - September 17, 2018, 10:45 PM
RE: filling me with wonder for all that is - by Revui (Ghost) - September 18, 2018, 05:02 PM