Whitebark Stream it’s alarming honestly how charming she can be, fooling everyone,
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
Oh, dear - a slave. Come to think of it, they had been very lucky to live in a peaceful place, where such practices were not common. It had been a lot of effort to keep Priscilla out of every single stupid situation she had got herself in. She had not been smart for sure, but she had been beyond being a fool either. Because she did not learn from her mistakes. Never. Though - perhaps - some people in the pack would have gladly handed her over to anyone, who wanted to have her as a slave or anything else. On the other hand, Apple had a very distinct feeling that Priscilla would have soon been brought back to them and they would even get paid to take her back. 

So, in the light of this - perhaps, this girl was not only remarkably similar in looks, but had been discarded, because she had been stupid? Nanny was not going to ask - that would be rude - but she thought that there was a spark of intelligence in the girl's eyes that had absolutely lacked in her daughter's. "Suibhne Apple Blackthorn, though never mind my complex first name. My parents were fools, who had a bad habit of giving their children names that they themselves could not spell. So to you and to the world I am better known as Nanny Apple - matron of the vast Blackthorn clan," she introduced herself. 

"You look very like one of my own - I have fourteen children and quite a lot of grand- and grand-grandchildren, not to speak about all the relatives from my side scattered in the world," she told, sitting down herself. "However - I have to tell you, whoever gave you a name was not an idiot. It has a lovely sound to it and fits you nicely. Now, tell me, what a young, stunning girl like you do out here all on your own?" had it not been an old and cheerful lady asking, this would have sounded creepy.
Messages In This Thread