Duskfire Glacier howl down your babel moon
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Nanook, maybe?

As the children get older—now fully weened—she can spend more time away from them. Not, of course, that she wants to. Her anxiety keeps her close but she knows the progression of childhood and she does her best to keep herself prepared. Pushing herself a little longer away from them each day seems to help but she’s excited to return to them, wishing to keep them close to her breast a little while longer. She barely produces anything anymore and their more tender than not, making it easy to dissuade them but it leaves an ache in her chest she worries will never go away.

Now, she explores the reaches of the glacier she has not experienced as much and finds the frozen lake late one evening. The sun is far enough down, there’s only a glow of the ice beaming from illuminating sky. A breeze rolls through, rustling her fur, and she feels the chill she’s all too comfortable with and has missed for some time.

A loud crack! sounds in the distance and she darts her eyes over the broken piece of ice, breaking free. Her head stretches for a better look but she knows better than to get too close just yet. Instead, she sits on her rump and looks up to the expansive sky and listens to the quiet night exist around her.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
Messages In This Thread
howl down your babel moon - by Shivali - August 13, 2018, 07:05 PM
RE: howl down your babel moon - by Nanook - August 14, 2018, 08:02 PM
RE: howl down your babel moon - by Shivali - August 26, 2018, 08:36 PM