The Sunspire Every road they led you down felt so wrong
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,527 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Terance was completely genuine in the next statement, but now that the doubt was in her head, Maia had moved past the point of accepting them at face value.  Her "awesome!" was chipper enough, but there was still that lingering doubt.  He's just trying to make you feel better, he doesn't actually have time to hang with you.  Why would he when he not only had pack duties, but kids way off somewhere too?

The nice part about that that thought was it brought her straight out of spiral mode and into sister mode just as he answered her question.

"You shoulda kept them.  Well.  She shoulda let you.  It was her dumb choice to leave," she answered darkly, then realized who she was talking to.  Umm. Well, y'know, better to be honest.  "It was a lousy move, I kinda hate her for doin it to you."  And her.  She had loved her nieces and nephews something fierce, but now she probably wouldn't see them again.

"Though y'know.  If you ever changed your mind... I'd get it."  She smiled, trying to lighten the mood a bit.  "I know I'm super cool and all and great to hang out with, but, y'know."  He knew, right?  She didn't want him to go (no frickin way) but if he did she wasn't about to be mad at him over it.
Messages In This Thread
Every road they led you down felt so wrong - by Maia - August 27, 2018, 09:14 AM
RE: Every road they led you down felt so wrong - by Maia - August 27, 2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Every road they led you down felt so wrong - by Maia - August 28, 2018, 08:55 AM
RE: Every road they led you down felt so wrong - by Terance - September 03, 2018, 08:33 PM
RE: Every road they led you down felt so wrong - by Maia - September 04, 2018, 08:12 AM
RE: Every road they led you down felt so wrong - by Terance - September 15, 2018, 04:59 PM
RE: Every road they led you down felt so wrong - by Maia - September 21, 2018, 08:08 AM