Babe I'm gonna leave you
14 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Days drifted by, white, lazy clouds creeping across the sky and becoming hidden in the dark, only noticeable by the absence of the stars. The sun rose and fell, dipping toward the horizon like a lark on wings of crimson and ascending as a phoenix, bright and golden. Raindrops fell like tears, caressing leaves as tenderly as they would a fair cheek before being brushed away by the warmth of the sun. Life lingered but time passed with a resolute sort of determination which seemed to the bearlike creature like some form of spite, taunting him. The days of youth still clung about him like burrs fastening themselves deep inside his coarse coat while his heart had aged so much, a leaf dried and wrinkled, prepared to fall from its branch. Time passed but it did so slowly, having little physical effect on the shadowy stranger, but aging his spirit considerably until it seemed to have been borne into antiquity.

There was nothing he wanted more than a reason for being, but he knew the only way to find this would be to submit himself to society once again, and risk losing life and love as he had before. His heart felt heavy and struggled against this reasoning, but only faintly. It did not feel as though it had the strength to hold him back and so he kept moving forward, moving onward to find a place where he could settle in. Nothing meant much to him- he would join a pack wherever he could and attempt to find some sort of foundation there. If he was put to work, he supposed, he would want for nothing. He would have others for company, something that despite himself, he longed for. It would be much better than traveling alone, this much he knew.

Thus, not knowing anything about the pack, he'd tracked the scent of a few wolves to his destination- an unkempt wilderness which bore the scent marks of a pack. The worst that could happen, he decided, would be that he would be turned away- a rejection he could take, given that it would be dealt by strangers. If they decided to put him out of his misery, then that would be a death he could accept. He had no one to live for other than himself, and presently, he was hardly enamoured with himself. He lowered his head to give the borders a brief sniff before he sat down, thick shoulders hunched slightly as he stretched before relaxing them and waiting for someone to come around.

Messages In This Thread
Babe I'm gonna leave you - by Lawless - August 15, 2013, 12:29 PM
RE: Babe I'm gonna leave you - by Katrina - August 15, 2013, 12:50 PM
RE: Babe I'm gonna leave you - by Lawless - August 15, 2013, 01:01 PM
RE: Babe I'm gonna leave you - by Katrina - August 15, 2013, 01:14 PM
RE: Babe I'm gonna leave you - by Lawless - August 15, 2013, 01:36 PM
RE: Babe I'm gonna leave you - by Katrina - August 15, 2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Babe I'm gonna leave you - by Lawless - August 15, 2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Babe I'm gonna leave you - by Katrina - August 19, 2013, 06:13 PM