The darkest evening of the year
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
HI I LIKE TO RAMBLE

Verrine felt awkward and out of place in this new pack. It wasn't because of anything anyone had said or done since his arrival; his packmates had been nothing but welcoming and supportive, and his companions seemed to be settling in reasonably well, which pleased him. Especially where Julooke was concerned. Somehow, the change of scenery and the new beginning they had forged had begun to heal the parts of her spirit that her parents' death had broken.

Perhaps it was the strings of longing he still felt stretched between his heart and his old home at Sterrenvuur. He missed the beautiful, ethereal forest they had come from. His new home, while very nice, just didn't feel like home to him.

Still, he did not slack in his duties or his dedication. As Leviathorgan -- a name he loved, for it was as if he wore his own father's name upon his shoulders, and he thought it so fitting that Leviathan's name should be used to describe a protector's role -- he made it his business to know what was going on in his territory. He spent most of his time near the outskirts of their packlands; when he wasn't there, he was moving around the inner reaches of their territory, checking to ensure that food caches were safe, that nobody was in trouble or hurt, and that their home was, overall, secure.

So naturally, when he heard Koontz's ringing howl echo over the lands, he was quick to respond. He understood the message in her voice, and as he ran to meet her, he dug through the dusty depths of his mental archive back to the medicinal lessons his parents had given him. It hadn't been very in-depth, but they'd taught him the basics that they knew. He hoped nobody was hurt too badly, so that his limited knowledge might be of use.

As he came within sight of his leader, he noticed she looked particularly somber and drawn. The splendid silver female usually carried herself with dignity and confidence when Verrine saw her, so he knew something serious was going on. In an attempt to comfort her, he flashed her a small smile and waved his tail amiably. "What's up, Koontz?" he asked as he approached, searching her face with his golden eyes briefly before dropping them respectfully down below her chin.
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
Messages In This Thread
The darkest evening of the year - by Koontz - August 19, 2013, 08:15 PM
RE: The darkest evening of the year - by Verrine - August 25, 2013, 08:16 PM
RE: The darkest evening of the year - by Koontz - August 27, 2013, 10:04 AM
RE: The darkest evening of the year - by Verrine - August 27, 2013, 04:26 PM
RE: The darkest evening of the year - by Koontz - August 28, 2013, 09:38 AM