Rising Sun Valley Golden in the Autumn [Discovery Thread]
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
@Kieran EDIT: sorry, here is the info you need. Just remember that it is no longer in the lower righthand corner of the map, and is instead directly to the left of the area that says, “Map of the Teekon Wilds”. Also, I’m making this vague because I have two other discovery threads open. Also, no reason to match the length.

Red was once again in the forest — her forest. Well… that was what she thought of it. It was her forest. She was the one going back at least once a week to discover more and more about it. She had caught fish in its lake and watched birds in the boughs of its aspen trees. She had even created a temporary den in one of its hills, in case she decided to stay overnight. And she still didn’t have a name for the place. Sighing, she lay down beside the lake, trying to come up with something. When inspiration refused to strike for the hundredth time, she got up and decided to go for a swim. It wasn’t all that hot today, and clouds came through every now and then and blocked out the sun. But the water looked so nice and inviting that she couldn’t refuse. She waded with joy into the clear lake water, smiling as a slight, but pleasant, chill went up her legs.

She swam out to the middle of the lake, and then sort of paddled around aimlessly for a while, lapping up water if she got thirsty, since it was right there anyways. But after some time, she grew bored and went back to the shore to lie down and dry off. That was when she realized she was quite lonely out here all by herself. She had never had much company out here, since no one really knew about this forest. She wondered what it would be like to have a pack here. It was certainly big enough, and she’d had no trouble hunting. There were at least two or three herds of deer who called this place home, and plenty of smaller critters, as well. And it was protected all along its southern side by a giant mountain.

The closest pack to it that she knew of was Swiftcurrent Creek, but they’d have to travel a hell of a long way just to heckle whatever pack ended up calling this place home. What was she saying? She wasn’t… planning on leaving the Sunspire, was she? No, that was ridiculous. Ferdie and Jace and Summer and all the rest of them needed her. With her gone, there would be one less Warden to protect the borders, one less Gamekeeper to keep them fed, one less Outrider to bring them news. She couldn’t up and leave. Besides, who would go with her and be Alpha? Red certainly couldn’t become Alpha. No way! She was a submissive wolf, not a dominant one! With a shake of her head, she dropped her head to her paws and decided to take a nap, figuring maybe these crazy thoughts had something to do with her being tired…
Messages In This Thread
Golden in the Autumn [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 17, 2014, 07:38 PM