i stood for nothing
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
<style type="text/css">.jinx {margin:auto; width:600px; text-align:justify;} .jinx q {color:#8B8B59; font-family:Georgia; font-weight:bold;}</style>

Her meeting with the local authority had gone well, and Jinx walked away bearing the title of Surgeon, though it wasn't without some begrudging reluctance. She was a Warchief, a Mambo; she needn't bow her head to anyone. However, she had been led here by dreams or visions, whichever they may have been. Her first steps had been clouded in opium from the Bay's caches, and after that, she had seen while lucid, or at least believed she had. The vision had played over and over in her mind each night until she reached the edge of this territory, a vast and sprawling forest not unlike the one she'd grown up in, where suddenly vertigo had overcome her.

Then the leaders had found her, and she had pleaded her case, trusting that Sos had led her here for a purpose and wasn't putting her in a position of humility for no reason. She wanted desperately to believe she had done the right thing by leaving Kaskae in charge of the Bay and coming here; it was for their own good, she reasoned, even if she yearned to be back there, standing tall and strong alongside her, rather than being nothing more than a commoner here. She would not let the pack fall to strife; the fire would not consume them, not while she lived and breathed.

A quiet sigh blew past her lips as she let her body flop uselessly down between a wide evergreen's raised roots, mind racing and doubts mounting. This better be purposeful, she murmured, casting a grumpy look to the sky overhead as if the Dark God of her religion would somehow materialize and answer her. But Sos did not reign over the sky nor the sea; He reigned over the underworld and the spirit realm, the Loa were His, and so her quiet, subtle threat was more or less directed upon deaf ears. She licked her lips and placed her chin across her forearms with a quiet huff, uncertain what to do with the rest of her day now that she had followed her God to His chosen place, for the time being.

Messages In This Thread
i stood for nothing - by Jinx - August 28, 2013, 03:27 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Kerberos - August 28, 2013, 08:25 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Jinx - August 28, 2013, 10:59 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Kerberos - September 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Jinx - September 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Kerberos - September 18, 2013, 06:19 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Jinx - September 20, 2013, 05:53 PM