i stood for nothing
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: Hi! :D I was hoping for you!

<style type="text/css">.jinx {margin:auto; width:600px; text-align:justify;} .jinx q {color:#8B8B59; font-family:Georgia; font-weight:bold;}</style>

IC: A breeze toyed with the longer fur around her nape, but it lacked the distinct tang of salt and humidity she was used to, and a ripple of homesickness wound itself through her gut at the realisation. It smelled of pine and sap, of dirt and fungus and prey animals, but nothing like the sea. Nothing of the sand she had grown up walking on. In moments like this, Jinx might've succumbed to weakness and vulnerability, hoisted herself to her feet, and walked solemnly home to accept the fate of the Gods despite Sos' warnings, but it was fear that always kept her rooted. Deeply hidden fear, but fear nonetheless.

She was pulled from her reverie by a too-familiar voice behind her. Her ears snatched backward more quickly than her head turned, but even before she laid eyes on him, she knew exactly who it was. What? She blinked, a long and slow and owlish process, and then a smile lifted the corner of her lips. Oh, she muttered, of course, I've gone crazy, it all makes sense now.

But she hadn't gone crazy. She waited a few expectant seconds, but Kerberos did not disappear into the wind like she expected him to, did not fade out like the phantom she believed he was, and she was left with bewilderment and, suddenly, panic. When did you leave? Why? Is… Is Shearwater Bay okay?! It had been months since she had openly expressed such fear — the last time she could remember had also been in his company, when the Sea had embraced her for the first time and she felt she would drown and he had made it stop, she thought — for her eyes had visibly widened and her voice stuttered with frightened hesitation. What if it hadn't mattered? What if her leaving had been what had doomed the Bay, and she had misinterpreted her God's message? Would he allow me to doom them like that?

Messages In This Thread
i stood for nothing - by Jinx - August 28, 2013, 03:27 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Kerberos - August 28, 2013, 08:25 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Jinx - August 28, 2013, 10:59 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Kerberos - September 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Jinx - September 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Kerberos - September 18, 2013, 06:19 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Jinx - September 20, 2013, 05:53 PM