Blacktail Deer Plateau PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Aha, I was shadow-posted by Osprey, so I'm reposting. :)

Aside from his two darker daughters, nobody said a word. Peregrine's gaze swept the audience, scrutinizing faces. Speak up or forever hold your peace, his expression seemed to say. Their lack of reaction was not only unexpected and slightly discomfiting, it was somehow disappointing too. Surely, someone out there had some thoughts about all of this, yet none of them wanted to take this opportunity to speak? The Alpha male thought over his words, wondering if he'd come across too harshly.

"I thank you all for not spitting and throwing stones," he joked a bit wryly after a moment. "It's impossible that none of you have any opinion whatsoever about these developments. If you don't want to mention them now, that's fine. Take some time to process. I will make myself available to anyone who has concerns. Know that I will hear you out as well as explain my decisions, which were not made as hastily as it may seem."

The tension in the air almost made him rethink the hunt, yet even if they did not agree with the Alpha's choices every step of the way, he still wanted to enforce their pack bonds. Besides, his former wife and youngest daughter truly deserved the recognition. They'd put themselves in grave danger and helped Osprey Jr. find her way home. And, of course, he couldn't cancel the event meant to celebrate Junior's proverbial rise from the dead. That would be awful.

"Come," he commanded his subordinates, "let's hunt together." He rose to all fours, scanning his pack mates' faces again. "Those who do not wish to participate directly may help keep the pups company. All will attend so that all can feast." Peregrine took a breath, then smiled broadly and waved his tail, breaking into a trot that carried him through the center of the clearing and the folks gathered there.

As he reached the back of the crowd, a face suddenly popped into view and Peregrine froze in his tracks as his sister's familiar voice filled his ears. "Osprey!" he practically bellowed, throwing himself forward to lick her face and sling his arms around her neck. He laughed belatedly at her joke and the implied blessing, then turned backward to face the likely curious audience now behind them. "Another Osprey's back home! Even more reason to celebrate!"

Giving his sister a nudge, he let loose a joyous bark and then resumed leading the caravan into the woods, looking left and right to make sure Fox, Lasher and Osprey were beside him and glancing backward to ensure his children and the rest of the pack trotted at his heels.
Messages In This Thread
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Finn - August 02, 2014, 07:13 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Rina - August 03, 2014, 11:48 AM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 03, 2014, 02:47 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Kisu - August 06, 2014, 10:44 AM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Finn - August 06, 2014, 08:43 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Rina - August 08, 2014, 02:00 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Pura - August 10, 2014, 02:02 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Finn - August 11, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Kisu - August 12, 2014, 01:12 PM