Emberwood I got years of livin' by and how I choose
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Eleuthera heaved a small sigh, looking at this place. She felt that she might never tire of this area — and the smaller area that lay directly in front of them, specifically. She had only been to this particular spot only one or two times in her life, but it had always stuck with her; the way she could see all the places at once, so far away, so small, like little seedlings in the spring. Simple toys, that once amongst them in the flesh, felt larger than life.

It was a clear night and the dappled moonlight cast a lightshow across the landscape, bestowing the scene with a glowing brightness that almost rivaled that of the day. Eleuthera felt invigorated from the climb and the conversation and the close proximity of the man who, after so many years and limitless experiences, chose to spend these moments with her. It was a kindness and a flattery that she felt she didn’t deserve. But, he was interested in her and her silly stories, so she would indulge them both.

Eleuthera looked out the side of her eye towards Kincaid, to ensure that he really, truly was interested, and then she dove in.
“Well, when you visit, the willows are over there — you can’t see it past the mountains, but it’s there." She gestured with a thrust of her velveteen maw to the left, towards the coast, to an invisible forest. Eleuthera felt her heart tug in that direction, and allowed her attention linger for a moment longer. Then, she moved onto a large, dark patch directly in front of them. It was dark because the ground was so sodden and fertile, with nothing to reflect the moonlight back. “One of my mothers had a big garden, but any herbs she couldn’t grow, she found over there." Her mother’s green thumb seemed to have skipped her generation, but it was no matter, She rarely stuck around long enough in one spot to see such efforts be fruitful.

Back to the left.
“Those plains are great for running," and narrowing her lavender eyes to see just beyond the plains “See the huge silver slip, far off in the distance? I hurt my paw once and my brother had to carry me all the way back. It took several days. The whole family was pissed." Eleuthera giggled, the memory as clearly imprinted in her mind as if it had happened yesterday.

The woman took a step back and shifted to face Kincaid.
“There used to be packs around here. Great packs." As far as she knew, these lands were now empty. As a great appreciation of packhood and culture, this visibly saddened her — just as the disappearance of Elysium saddened her. “I guess they’re gone now."
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Kincaid - July 18, 2020, 02:54 AM
RE: I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Eleuthera - July 22, 2020, 02:35 AM