Emberwood I got years of livin' by and how I choose
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Kincaid didn’t see himself as profound, but he was. As Eleuthera grew older and added more time and experiences under her belt, she found herself doing the exact same thing as Kincaid; letting go of the things, places and wolves that no longer served her. It was only that she was in her ancestral lands that her wounds resurfaced — and that the wolves in question were her family was why it smarted so keenly.

You didn’t get a second family like that — and Eleuthera had frittered hers away.

Eleuthera now stared out at the wide expanse of land in front of her, eyes unseeing, but ears angled towards the man, the gravel in his voice drawing her in. She felt his glance on her skin and goosebumps resulted; a slight shiver that echoed down her spine and fluffed the fur along her shoulders. Eleuthera continued to focus on the horizon, hoping she had not given herself away (as if her overt willingness to engage Kincaid in extended conversation did not do that already).

“and now, what will you be thinking of as you travel these new lands?" the woman murmured, meaning the question whole heartedly. If her and Kincaid were already so closely aligned, perhaps he might hold some additional wisdom for her as she, too, navigated these lands anew.
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Kincaid - July 18, 2020, 02:54 AM
RE: I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Eleuthera - July 22, 2020, 02:21 PM