should the sky be filled with darkness and smoke
156 Posts
Ooc — seitch

The tall stone walls that wrapped around the gulch acted as a buffer for wind, settling cool air at the bottom that flowed in small eddies from the trickling waterfall. When I lifted my eyes to the canopy above, yellow light flowed to touch the water, filtered by the acorn-shaped leaves that populated the branches. It was cool and fragrant in this hidden crevice, the quiet chirping of birds a remarkable sound versus the steady winds of the flatlands.

I tilted my head, watching as the figure in the water slumped further, his back towards the recent path. The older wolf, known as Ukiuk, had focused his eyes on me as I stepped out from the brush, but I was still studying the wolf who lay prostrate in the water. I couldn't discern any sort of reason for his nonchalant behavior. It was sullen and defiant pose, and I knew enough higher-ranked wolves who would've taken personal affront at the ebony brute's disdainful turn of his back.
I glanced over at the elder, whose explanation for his search was defined by.. poison. His answer sparked vague interest and I continued to examine his movements with interest, as he had turned his attentions to Alshain. Perhaps his search for harmful plants were his reply to the black wolf's moody and stand-offish behavior. are you pouting?
A quiet, petite smile curled my lips no matter my attempts to halt its advance. It helped me to untense and shuffle forward a bit, my nostrils sweeping the mulch and unfamiliar flora. Perhaps these two had known of each other before and had something to hash out, but at least emotions were being actively displayed versus a male's visage so stoic it was hard to differentiate between him and the cool evening ice. Ukiuk had spoken up again, posing a question to me. My clear eyes remained downcast and away from his face, instead taking great interest in a flat yellow fungi that grew at the base of a tree.
It's Ivev. You're Ukiuk, right?
Messages In This Thread
should the sky be filled with darkness and smoke - by Alshain - September 07, 2014, 07:40 PM
RE: should the sky be filled with darkness and smoke - by Ivev - September 08, 2014, 10:43 PM