Redhawk Caldera i loved you first [m]
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
for @Peregrine. this can be set whenever works for you; i just had some time and muse and wanted to write it down before i forgot <3

the events of the past several days had left lasher reeling in proverbial chaos. he had put aside his innermost thoughts about fox to tend her in peregrine's absence -- she was never without fresh prey, even dew-flecked leaves in the dawn to cool the edge of her thirst. taltos had a limited knowledge of herbs and their healing properties, and knowing that fox scorned such remedies, he only suggested various plants to her.

because the ruby was one for whom peregrine cared deeply, lasher put himself to the back of his own consciousness and settled into a brisk, amiable camaraderie with the injured woman. it lacked the warmth he had shown her before, but it was not without its affable nature.

the days were growing colder, but the caldera -- for that was what they had decided to call their beautiful find -- would thrive beneath the panther's leadership. of this lasher had no doubt, though his eyes often turned toward the plateau's direction longingly. it was upon one such morning, with breath rising in a steam-plume from his nostrils, that taltos, with the agonized twist of a knife in his breast, so chose not to remain in the splendid lands with his lover and the ruby.

his heart broke within him; the earthen servant paused in his steps to weep openly, uncaring of the prey that crept with worried leeriness around the shattered visage of their most prominent enemy -- he was lost, lost, and to the morning's light lasher turned a face utterly wrought with grief, saltwater tracing runnels through the fur upon his cheeks.
Messages In This Thread
i loved you first [m] - by Lasher - October 04, 2014, 10:30 PM
RE: i loved you first - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 04, 2014, 10:48 PM
RE: i loved you first - by Lasher - October 05, 2014, 12:09 AM
RE: i loved you first - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 05, 2014, 09:01 AM
RE: i loved you first - by Lasher - October 05, 2014, 02:09 PM
RE: i loved you first - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 05, 2014, 02:22 PM
RE: i loved you first - by Lasher - October 06, 2014, 06:17 PM
RE: i loved you first - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 07, 2014, 08:33 PM
RE: i loved you first [m] - by Lasher - October 08, 2014, 06:25 PM
RE: i loved you first [m] - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 08, 2014, 06:40 PM
RE: i loved you first [m] - by Lasher - October 09, 2014, 02:32 PM