lose control to feel alive
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I feel like I shouldn't enjoy Sumayl's personality as much as I do, lol. xD

The ebony Beta let loose a small growl at Sumayl, a clear warning that caused Sumayl's golden gaze to harden. “I can't just assume that you misspoke,” Sumayl defended himself lightly. He wasn't sorry for taking it the wrong way, when it hadn't, really, as far as Sumayl cared, been his fault. Tone had a lot to do with it, and when it came to others, words had to be watched carefully. Sumayl steeled his shoulders, nostrils flaring with well concealed agitation when Jace then further went on to parent him, telling him that he needed to watch his tone. That goes both ways. After all, Sumayl was a subordinate, not a child. He had barely liked it when his foster parents had reprimanded him — on that rude childish kick for a bit that they weren't his real parents — and certainly didn't like it when another adult told scolded him for something as stupid and insignificant as swearing and his “apparent tone”. “So I should let you treat me like I'm your child then? Reprimanding me for swearing when I'm a fucking adult and can say whatever I goddamn please, and for telling me that you shouldn't have to condemn me for swearing in the first place, like I should automatically just not do it because it's not nice.” Sumayl's own temper, mild as it was, had begun to rise and he was past the point of caring.

“Perhaps you should learn how to speak to others, then,” Sumayl spoke simply, fighting the urge to hiss the words. Right, because getting into a fight with your Beta was a great start to ...everything. But if Jace, or Amekaze was going to kick him out what the hell did it matter? And there was nothing that said, if he did get kicked out, that he couldn't still do things with Vienna. Sumayl wasn't as concerned about it as he knew he should have been. He liked The Sunspire, had even began scouting herds for them, filling their caches, and integrating himself as apart of their pack but obviously this testosterone fueled tension with Jace wasn't going to work out. And in the reality of things: it wasn't as if losing him was going to hurt them any. Packs tended to be like that: lose one, replace it. It was as simple as that.

He made no difference to them. He was just a loudmouthed, sardonic piece of the clockwork that they could replace with something much more obedient and “yes sir, sorry sir” kiss ass; because clearly (to Suma) that was what was wanted. “No but it came across as being implied.” No one had to come right out and say something for it to be taken as an implication, Sumayl thought with a soft snort, watching Jace with tense trepidation, imagining only the worse scenarios because it was what Sumayl had came to expect from his behavior.

Messages In This Thread
lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - October 16, 2014, 10:52 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - October 17, 2014, 08:04 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - October 17, 2014, 09:09 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - October 19, 2014, 06:13 PM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - October 22, 2014, 07:43 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - October 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - October 30, 2014, 07:20 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - October 31, 2014, 09:29 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - November 01, 2014, 09:40 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - November 05, 2014, 10:56 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - November 08, 2014, 09:41 AM