ashes
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Haha, I got a mass dump of notifications this morning from all my posts/pms/tags from yesterday. No worries on the reply speed either, I go back to work tomorrow but this thread is a priority for me, so when my turn comes around I'll try to get you same day responses. Also... semi-watery-powerplay introductions here, I think. IDK. edit: Editing in a conclusion to this, whoops. <3

Finally, a dark figure broke through the cover. Mordecai had been expecting a higher coat and wondered for a moment if they were being happened upon by someone else. The notion was quickly discarded as he understood her approach. The deference, the closeness to the ashen wayfarer… she was the sibling that he had been speaking of. His own responses to her made it very clear to the tawny leader. Her wordless greeting was met with a kind smile from Mordecai, who was pleased that she could join them. He was also pleased that she hadn't been far off at all either.

“Well, now that's we're all together, I suppose it might be beneficial if we introduce ourselves,” he said with a dry chuckle. “I'm Mordecai.” He gave them the appropriate time to reply with their own introductions, focusing in on the dark-coated Moz. In spite of obvious wear and tear, even injury, he found that they were both in seemingly fair condition for having spent their time on the road. They were more than capable than some he had seen loitering at their doorstep, even well before he had ascended to leadership.

“Your brother tells me that you're the better hunter,” he went on to say after that pause, his once-overs of them both finally complete. He was half-tempted to ask her if Kierkegaard was being modest, but thought better of it. It seemed like a joke better left for later, because Mordecai did not know how well it would go over. First impressions were often decorated to be the good ones and for the sake of politeness, he avoided sparking internal ire. He had seen how easily it came about, even to an outside target.

The trio talked at length for a while longer, leading to Mordecai accepting the wayward pair.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
ashes - by Kierkegaard - October 27, 2014, 09:18 PM
RE: ashes - by Mordecai - October 27, 2014, 11:55 PM
RE: ashes - by Kierkegaard - October 28, 2014, 01:11 AM
RE: ashes - by Mordecai - October 28, 2014, 05:02 PM
RE: ashes - by Kierkegaard - October 28, 2014, 07:17 PM
RE: ashes - by Mordecai - October 28, 2014, 08:48 PM
RE: ashes - by Kierkegaard - October 28, 2014, 09:37 PM
RE: ashes - by Mordecai - October 28, 2014, 10:03 PM
RE: ashes - by Kierkegaard - October 28, 2014, 10:30 PM
RE: ashes - by Mordecai - October 28, 2014, 10:36 PM