Swiftcurrent Creek we fell through the ice when we tried not to slip
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
928 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

There was a gaping silence that stretched after Reverie spoke. Lestan was quick to raise his own head—challenging in that if Akavir wanted them gone, they would simply go—as if it was the most simple answer to an entirely tumultuous situation.

Reverie had unleashed it all—and the words of what Kelsier had spoken to him—what had sparked his suspicion and need to check on the two prior to leaving—was verified in the fact that whatever the man had dubbed as ‘willing’ for treatment, he had been fooled by her.

Blinking—the man stared at the couple. The snowball effect of the past few days catching up to him—and while within he quaked in anger at the deliverance of their disgust with him, he maintained an odd quiet.

If they wanted honesty, he would give it to them—as he had spoke to both Kelsier and Arric—they were adults with their own autonomy, free to do as they wished. They might as well have the facts.

“Well, fuck me, I guess,” he finally broke the silence, the amusement that laced his tone withholding the bitter note within. “I guess it was obvious in how much I didn’t want you here, Reverie, when I went out and hunted a woman that had you in terror in your own home… Bearing the marks of her. Or how I spread our pack so thin in our resources to try to protect you and ours… You’re right. It was entirely obvious that I knew you even recognized how upset I was with you when you refused to listen at our borders for the safety of you and your daughter. That must have really highlighted how much I hate you.”

He gave a quiet nod, a chuckle then as he drew himself up. “When I spoke to Kelsier afterward, he told me he had a concern. That Lestan was showing signs of trauma and mental stress. He was worried that Lestan would hurt you, Reverie, and asked if he should stay and see if he could talk to either of you, gage a reaction. I agreed.” Another nod. “You’re right. That probably really showed you how much I don’t want either of you here.”

His gaze bore between them both, another nod given. “Do with any of that what you will. But Jakoul is gone—she disappeared sometime when I was trying to assist you both, in my absolute loathing of you—so I really need to go look after my children. Like I said, Arric is in charge. And it seems I’ve done more than enough here.”

He nodded again, as if more to himself, and then simply turned—making his way back to the den, whatever his emotions or feelings on this entire matter being compartmentalized and placed into a back burner as he determined to deal with the fire in his own home, first and foremost.
Messages In This Thread
RE: we fell through the ice when we tried not to slip - by Akavir - April 26, 2023, 05:59 AM