Two Eyes Cenote wedding bells [ap]
The Strange Bedfellow
12 Posts
Ooc — Van
A servant, the shadewell replied matter-of-factly, punctuated by a humble smile. Austere’s eyes gleamed in the lowlight when they met hers, and he did not elaborate further.

As if summoned by his designation, one of the Pharaoh’s own valets made a brisk appearance, and the subject was deftly changed to one of taste, and delights, and the sweeter things in life. Without hesitation, Austere graciously accepted her invitation to share. For in his superstitious mind, refusing an offering from the present ruler on their very coronation day was more than a mere faux pas — it called for a curse of long misfortune.

He sniffed curiously over the leaf before lapping up a nugget of honeycomb from the frond. He immediately felt ill from the sappy sweetness. Its thick, cloying taste oozed through all parts of his mouth, sending a trill of disgust down his spine as he swallowed. Eyes of revulsion clawed behind neatly shut lids.

But outwardly, Austere appeared as if he enjoyed it: surprise giving way to nodding satisfaction in such an earnest way that it was hard to imagine him feeling otherwise. He lapped his tongue around sticky jaws, clearing away any drippings. Mm, a Pharaoh of simple pleasures, he commented with a chuckle. I can see why your people are so enamored.

He cleared his throat, inwardly annoyed at the syrupy coating he could still feel when he talked. I shall not keep you from your celebrations, but first I must present to you my tribute. I wanted to give this to you personally, else it may not have its intended effect. Austere placed a paw atop the immaculate ramskull between his forelegs and pressed it forward, leaving his paw there. I am from a people of faith, and in our customs this ram’s skull is a token of resilience, rebirth— and fertility. It was not lost on him that she was newly married as well as ascended.

The only way to present such a gift is if we both touch it at the same time. He nodded downward, indicating her to place her queen’s slipper upon the skull’s muzzle. You may pass it to others, he tacked on. But you will only pass on its blessings if both giver and receiver are touching it at once.
Messages In This Thread
wedding bells [ap] - by Toula - December 19, 2023, 10:12 PM
RE: wedding bells [ap] - by Austere - December 28, 2023, 02:07 AM
RE: wedding bells [ap] - by Toula - January 01, 2024, 09:31 PM
RE: wedding bells [ap] - by Austere - February 25, 2024, 08:44 PM