Hoshor Plains kivva ⥈
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She was lovely and soft spoken.  But Maia couldn’t shake the things that Wraen had said, a long time ago, and despite the years that her sister had been gone, she still found it hard to like the woman who had caused her so much heartache at the time.  Her sister wasn’t easily upset, but what had happened with Moonspear had forced her from Redhawk Caldera.  It had forced Maia to choose between her sister and Eljay.  It had forced Eljay to choose between her and his family and home.

Kukutux had no reason to know.  And she had no reason to bring it up.  Not now that it was done.

She’s happy too.  Maia said softly, disguising the sudden lump in her throat.  So many of her children were no longer home, but for some reason, this felt so much harder than the others.  Chickadee was the little girl who came to her when she needed broken things mended.  But at some point, she’d learned that her mother couldn’t fix things the way she needed.  Things changed.  Maia couldn’t help but blame herself, even though she knew it was stupid to think things would ever stay the same.

Does she talk to you now, when she’s upset?  Do you hold her when she’s scared?  Or is that your son’s job now?

I’m sorry.  I can’t… you’ve been too generous already.  She looked down uncomfortably, unwilling to vocally admit that Brecheliant did not have the ability to return these favors.  They had the resources to feed themselves, but lacked experienced hunters.  Maia was here in part to learn so that she could better teach, but she was no hunter.  She’d never wanted to be one.  All I want is for Chickadee to be happy, and safe, and she is.  You’ve done enough.
Messages In This Thread
kivva ⥈ - by Kukutux - December 26, 2023, 10:54 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Maia - December 26, 2023, 11:15 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Kukutux - December 27, 2023, 12:17 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Maia - December 27, 2023, 12:39 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Kukutux - December 27, 2023, 03:32 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Maia - December 27, 2023, 04:17 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Kukutux - December 28, 2023, 11:59 AM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Maia - December 28, 2023, 02:56 PM