Redhawk Caldera A song that will help you remember to forget
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"I did. Of course I did..." Peregrine said, trying to keep his voice from breaking. "I swear, I told her she could never be replaced. I made sure I let her know that. But I told her it wouldn't change my plans, either. And actions speak louder than words, anyway, don't they? No matter how much I reassured her, the fact that I left my home for Fox and the pups we'd have... of course it would seem like nothing else mattered as much.

The truth is,"
he continued, "nothing does. I don't love Junior or her sisters and brother any less, of course, but they're growing up now. My attention belongs to Fox and the new puppies we'll have together. I thought this was reasonable but I see now that maybe it's more difficult for my older kids to understand than I thought. I mean, she tried to kill herself! She must have been hurting badly. I should have been there for her, even forced myself on her if that's what it took..."

It did not escape him that FitzDutiful didn't generally seem to think he'd done anything wrong. Peregrine's emotions were in too much turmoil to give much credence to the Counselor's objective take on the matter right now, though it was at least slightly reassuring that maybe others didn't find his actions as deplorable as he did. He was his own worst critic and that was a good thing, at least. Maybe he wasn't beyond redemption then.
Messages In This Thread
RE: A song that will help you remember to forget - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 10:19 AM