Hushed Willows [m] Hanging up the knives, humming melodies that rhyme
Loner
148 Posts
Ooc — Twin
calmness came in waves; the stormy shore turned to a soft lull, foam-flecked and painted in gold. he listened to her breathing, her heartbeat, felt her against his skin.
she wasn't going anywhere.
and he listens to her for a moment, tear-stained and still trembling like a leaf, but he listens. i don't resent you, soft, feeble; still teetering on the edge of his own ledge. i don't. i just-- i just wanna be able to take care of you. i'm only one man. a-and i thought kukutux would be able to help. that's all.
i didn't mean to shut you out, his shoulders sag; his gaze melts. he feels helpless. i'm-- i'm sorry, that i made you feel that way. but i'm not goin' nowhere. i promised i'd take care of you, right? help you through this? we're-- we're a team. that's what marriage is all about, ain't it? i made a promise, that day. no matter how scary it gets. in sickness and in health.
it was him that went to her now, sweeping her in his arms and pressing her to his chest as her own tightened. when he felt her fall slack, this time, he didn't panic; he trusted himself.
he stayed there with her, kissing her eyelids and silently praying that this will pass.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] Hanging up the knives, humming melodies that rhyme - by Boone - January 25, 2024, 01:58 PM