Hoshor Plains We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
"It's okay, Easy... I really, really wish with all my heart I could bring them back, too. But... I have to accept that they're gone. Somehow... but it's hard," he trailed off, the starlight reflecting in his golden eyes.

His eyes snapped to her's at her next statement.

Family? A new one? Of course, it seemed only natural that Easy would accept him into her own after so generously taking him under her wing. But it still seemed almost too good to be true... and yet... and yet...

It just seemed so... right.

"I-I..." he stammered, his ears erect, sunshine eyes wide with shock, "I would... be honored, Easy. I don't know what to say." 

'Mac nodded as the woman outlined her plans for the future. It made sense that their primary concern would be fostering the new life that grew inside of her, and ensuring they had the best possible opportunity to thrive. The Mackenzie was determined to be there at her side to assist with raising his new siblings, doing his best to procure food and ward off any threats. He could be tough if he had to be, right? Of course! He puffed out his chest - just a little.

And then the conversation took a sharp left turn - a girl?! Oh my. He hadn't thought about that... wait, wait, wait... HAD he? What was all this fuss about Minnow, then? Oh, Mother Moon... did he have a crush on her? Suddenly Sumac had the desire to flee in the opposite direction should the pretty lass suddenly materialize in front of him. It was spring, and he was now old enough to raise and provide for a family - was he ready for that? And then, Da's words echoed in his mind. They lived on through him. Perhaps it was his duty to keep his line from dying out - maybe they could come back, just in different skins.

He coughed. "Yeah, well... I guess we'll see and cross that river when we get to it, right?" he chuckled, rubbing the back of his head with a paw in embarrassment.

"Thank you, Easy. I can't... I can't even tell you how much this means to me; how much you mean to me. Yes, I happily accept."

Morningbreeze...
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
RE: We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars - by Sumac - January 19, 2024, 04:27 PM