Stavanger Bay I barely dreamt her yesterday
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
Private 
A single large, dark paw sunk into the coarse sand. Sumac spread his toes eagerly, welcoming back the feeling of the coast's terrain beneath his paw. He paused, lifting his nose high to the breeze, eagerly drinking in the distinct smell of briny salt air like a man dying of thirst. Truly, the sea ran in his blood, his father's passionate love for his birth biome still very much alive in the veins of his son.

Though the sunlight reflected merrily in his liquid golden eyes, 'Mac couldn't help but be aware of the furious pounding of his heart. His reason for being here was something that had thoroughly consumed his mind, both in waking and when dreaming, finally spurring him to action. 

In his maw, he firmly (but gently) held a rather impressive specimen: a large, beautifully ridged cockle shell dashed with attractive oranges, pinks, and grays. It had taken him some time to find the perfect trinket, but his heart sang when he laid eyes upon it. Surely, it would do.

Sumac's gaze diligently swept the beach, searching, even though he knew what he sought would likely not materialize before him - not immediately. His heart thrummed onward, and with a steadying breath, he ventured further out on the beach proper, his tail waving like a flag behind him.

'Mac found himself grinning as he gazed out over the water, remembering the distinct melodies of singing whales. His attention found a cluster of nearby rocks, which also triggered fond memories, and without much thought he found himself jauntily ambling over to them.

With a leap, he found his way on top of their salt-sprayed surfaces. Oh, he felt alive. Gently, he placed his prize at his feet. With one last searching look over the waves, he inhaled deeply, lifted his ebony maw to the sun and summoned a great baritone note from deep within his chest, hoping his voice might carry to the ears of @Raindrop and alert her of his presence.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 05, 2024, 03:25 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 12:29 AM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 09:22 AM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 01:21 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 02:08 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 03:04 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 03:41 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 04:07 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Sumac - February 06, 2024, 04:24 PM
RE: I barely dreamt her yesterday - by Raindrop - February 06, 2024, 04:46 PM