Cricket Creek Bog Nobody likes the records that I play.
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,232 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
What he thought had evolved in to a friendly exchange took an abrupt turn, and Kigipigak was left a little bit slack-jawed while the woman turned to leave. She'd vollied an accusation his way, and he did not appreciate the insults either; but it all happened in such a wave that he didn't have time to react.

The woman had grabbed whatever she'd hunted and was disappearing among the trees, leaving Kigipigak feeling a little dizzy; but he would put aside whatever ill-feelings this left within him. This was some old woman with her own views, not someone he cared about with an opinion that mattered.

As off-putting as that was, Kigipigak decided it was better for everyone not to verbally retaliate or chase her down. It just wasn't worth it. Instead he turned and stalked off among the trees on his side of the invisible line, continuing his patrol all the way back to where his wife would no doubt be resting.

With people like that living nearby, maybe it was worth it to get a little space.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
Nobody likes the records that I play. - by Towhee - February 23, 2024, 12:28 PM
RE: Nobody likes the records that I play. - by Kigipigak - February 23, 2024, 01:58 PM
RE: Nobody likes the records that I play. - by Towhee - February 25, 2024, 03:44 PM
RE: Nobody likes the records that I play. - by Kigipigak - February 29, 2024, 04:11 AM
RE: Nobody likes the records that I play. - by Towhee - February 29, 2024, 09:17 AM
RE: Nobody likes the records that I play. - by Towhee - March 12, 2024, 07:43 PM
RE: Nobody likes the records that I play. - by Towhee - March 18, 2024, 08:58 AM
RE: Nobody likes the records that I play. - by Towhee - March 19, 2024, 06:44 PM
RE: Nobody likes the records that I play. - by Kigipigak - March 19, 2024, 06:51 PM