Silvertip Mountain daybreak
Yellowstone
Zeta
107 Posts
Ooc — Van
1. forgib my ramblins as i figure this gumball out~

2. i also figured this would be a good place to wrap up, so you can have another founding thread done (+ it made the most sense with how things have progressed since this)! we should have a new one posthaste <3

“Home is people. Home is not a place.”

Fjall was quiet for a while, in his thoughts, tracing the outline of this idea, so that he could grasp the picture as a whole. Where was home then? Was it in Winterglade, where he’d been born? In Moonglow, with the bulk of his family? Had he given up too soon on finding Ariadne? (How many moons would it take? he wondered.) Was his resolve to return to the glacier misguided? Would he find that it was home there no matter who lived upon it?

And most frightening of all: was it possible that he had not found his people yet, and therefore had no home?

Arktos had broken Fjall’s brain in less than ten words.

He was glad for the distraction of another subject. The man’s next words even almost sounded like… praise. Did I just open his mind? He felt warm all over, as warm as a happy lizard basking. This is nice. He was so distracted by the feeling that a strong gust of wind was able to catch him off guard, shoving him sideways in his sit. He stutter-stepped and pushed backwards to catch himself, ducking his head as the wind rushed up his spine and used it as a ramp.

I think the wind’s telling me I should get down, he wisecracked once the galeforce had died down again. Too much wind could certainly be just as bad as not enough. He stood and shook out his wheatfield fur. I’ll be going, but you’ve given me a lot to think about… with my home, he added more seriously. I appreciate you, Arktos. Fjall dipped his head gratefully. I hope to see you again, he couldn’t bring himself to say. I wish you good fortune on your path. Farewell.
Messages In This Thread
daybreak - by Arktos - March 14, 2024, 03:39 AM
RE: daybreak - by Fjall - March 15, 2024, 04:28 PM
RE: daybreak - by Arktos - March 15, 2024, 06:20 PM
RE: daybreak - by Fjall - March 15, 2024, 06:45 PM
RE: daybreak - by Arktos - March 16, 2024, 04:55 AM
RE: daybreak - by Fjall - March 16, 2024, 02:24 PM
RE: daybreak - by Arktos - March 16, 2024, 03:40 PM
RE: daybreak - by Fjall - March 16, 2024, 04:23 PM
RE: daybreak - by Arktos - March 16, 2024, 06:33 PM
RE: daybreak - by Fjall - March 16, 2024, 07:49 PM
RE: daybreak - by Arktos - March 17, 2024, 04:25 AM