Two Rivers Isle who of you will persevere?
Pledged
Dragonspine
881 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Masque wondered if her bite was as bad as her bark. She doubted it, though unless properly provoked, she didn’t want to get physical. She didn’t doubt that she could defeat the yearling in a fight, though the Redtail didn’t want any harm to come to either of them.

It surprised her when the young woman proposed a truce of sorts. Masquerade shifted her weight, unable to school her expression entirely as a brow arched. She was proposing a ceasefire, a compromise. But unlike their other neighbors, her claim literally bordered Masque’s.

A thought struck her. If this yearling was territorial of the little inland isle, then it would reinforce a large section of Shadewood’s borders. Supposing they were on civil terms, it would be an extra layer of defense against intruders. Of course, it would mean sharing hunting grounds, though the younger woman made a salient point about their respective territories supporting them.

She still didn’t see how this small upstart would find anyone to rule, though she certainly seemed passionate. And it was evident she took her claim seriously and intended to defend it. Masque’s head cocked as she pondered this, eyes still trailing back and forth across that swarthy face.

Finally, she broke her thoughtful silence to ask, You’re proposing an alliance, then?

It would be an uneasy one at best, she knew, taking her leave shortly after as her first act of acknowledgement.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
who of you will persevere? - by Ines - March 15, 2024, 10:45 AM
RE: who of you will persevere? - by Masquerade - March 15, 2024, 11:03 AM
RE: who of you will persevere? - by Ines - March 16, 2024, 11:46 AM
RE: who of you will persevere? - by Masquerade - March 16, 2024, 12:25 PM
RE: who of you will persevere? - by Ines - March 18, 2024, 11:20 AM
RE: who of you will persevere? - by Masquerade - March 18, 2024, 12:03 PM
RE: who of you will persevere? - by Ines - March 21, 2024, 12:19 AM
RE: who of you will persevere? - by Masquerade - March 21, 2024, 07:43 AM
RE: who of you will persevere? - by Ines - March 21, 2024, 10:04 AM
RE: who of you will persevere? - by Masquerade - March 21, 2024, 10:17 AM