Dawnlark Plains Johnny brought a rocket to a knife fight
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
156 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
I have muse so I decided to start for us @Arletta <3
The search for a white fox would drive him mad. Tybault was certain of that. Yet he couldn't bring himself to deny anything to his sister, who allowed him further into her life with each passing day. She'd invited him to stay in her den the night before — but he'd declined, regretfully. He still hadn't spoken properly to @Everett; it didn't feel right to invade what had become his brother's space too before the air was cleared between them.

But between caring for their nieces and preparing the pack for its upcoming journey, there just wasn't much time to chat. Tybault spent much of his time outside the territory, hunting and scanning the flat no-man's-land for threats, cursing his family and himself for his attachment to them. This wasn't what he'd thought his life would look like at two years old. It felt as if he was still trying to mend the pieces of his broken beginning, as if he hadn't moved forward at all while his siblings had forged lives and identities for themselves.

The message from Akashingo had absolved him of the promise he'd made. He'd been relieved. He'd been strangely disappointed. Two years old, and Tybault could not picture the life he would have chosen for himself. Perhaps it would have been easier to let it be decided by forces beyond him, but that too had been denied to him.

It was marriage on his mind then as he tracked a fox across the plains, half-distracted by the hope that this would be the one to end his hunt.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Messages In This Thread
Johnny brought a rocket to a knife fight - by Tybault - April 12, 2024, 04:51 PM