Dawnlark Plains ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~
~Goldenwoman~
13 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
I’ll archive after this last post, awesome thread! Slow fade time. :)

“You’re so nice” he said, and she knew at this moment, her mother had done a good job. She had raised a good girl.

He himself was a nice young man, a childlike curiosity which was charming. Clearly he was alone, so was she. A friend for each other, a comrade, one to help the other in their ventures.. however long that may last. He didn’t know of any place to stay, so they went on about their way. 

It was settled, they would go northwest to the coast of sequoia. She would repay him with fishing, she knew some from when her brother would pull one or two from the local lakes and rivers back home. Sometimes puddles if they were lucky, yet sometimes she would drop them back in, feeling pity for them. Frozen…. In a puddle. Poor fish. “I will,” she said gleefully with a small relaxed smile.

“I guess we’ll get there when we get there.” “That’s all part of the journey right?”

They trotted on…. He went on about fish, she understood how fast they were. Then, John. He asked about John, what it was like having a brother. Who was he? She could only answer however best she could. How could one describe such an honest, wholesome man as he? “His name was- is John. He was taken away a year ago by long legged things, never to return. I waited, and the family waited too…. Until we assumed he was gone.” She remembered it like it was yesterday, she hated breaking the news to her father and mother. However, she would vow to find him that very next year. And here she was, and with help along the way too. How pleasant. “A holy man, a believer in a higher being that creates us all and cares for us equally. He also fishes quite a bit more than I, he’s good at it too, at least I remember so.” Why did she want to find him? To bring him home perhaps? No…. She couldn’t do that. This was likely his home now, yes she would offer to him, but no, he would likely not accept. Knowing her brothers stubborn pup side. “He is kind as well, always looking to care for someone, much like myself.” “He was a shepherd, the world was his flock of sheep. Whether they liked it or not”

She turned to him for a minute, then turned to walk in front of before her “Thank you Cassian, for enlightening me, and coming with me. I really appreciate it….”
~A heart full of love~
Messages In This Thread
~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 14, 2024, 11:34 AM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 22, 2024, 12:13 AM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 22, 2024, 11:16 AM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 22, 2024, 10:18 PM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 24, 2024, 09:56 PM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 30, 2024, 01:46 AM