Pledged
Dragonspine
903 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Private 
The marmot’s bones were still there, as were the pieces of Avicus’s fur, carefully gathered by Mountain Boulder and lovingly stashed in the place that had long served as Masque’s retreat. She breathed in the familiar air of Dragon’s Back Ridge with her eyes closed, then moved aside to usher @Riley into the den.

They’ll know we’re here soon enough, she stated the obvious, so I think I should head over there and try to talk to @Redd. She paused, gold eyes fixed on a spot on the wall. I think it would be best if I went alone but I won’t stop you if you want to come with me.

She didn’t say it but Masque wanted to go sooner rather than later. She had spent the long, wearying trek back east preparing herself for this conversation, as well as overthinking their decision in the first place. She had long since passed the point of exhaustion. She just needed to do the damn thing.

Many others have come and gone without being attacked for it, she reminded both herself and her mate, including both Wealdas. Her long tail switched pensively as she made her point. I don’t expect a warm welcome but I don’t want to believe I’ll be in any danger, either.

She exchanged a long look with Riley, then exited the den to begin one of the most fraught walks of her life. Footsore and thin—except in the middle, her pregnancy already obvious—from more than a week’s travel, Masquerade still favored her right hind leg as she trekked westward.

Her heart lodged in her throat as the rise loomed in front of her, half a dozen familiar scents threading gradually into her nose. She meant to call for Redd, though a flood of emotions rendered her momentarily speechless. Masque swayed on her feet, letting them play out for a few beats. The former Caru then steadied herself with a deep breath and called out to the Wealda.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
wildcard - by Masquerade - April 22, 2024, 01:11 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 01:26 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 05:43 PM
RE: wildcard - by Masquerade - April 22, 2024, 07:29 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 07:35 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 08:15 PM
RE: wildcard - by Masquerade - April 22, 2024, 08:44 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 09:20 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 09:39 PM
RE: wildcard - by Masquerade - April 22, 2024, 10:03 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 23, 2024, 07:31 AM