Swiftcurrent Creek If you're broken, I will mend you.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It was on rare occasions that Paarthurnax could spend any quality one-on-one time with an individual pup. It seemed that as soon as she started interacting with Julius, Relonikiv would begin chewing on her. Or as soon as she plucked Durnehviir from the group to be groomed, Trajan would be screaming his protest at not having attention before anyone else. She loved them fiercely, reach and every one of them, but her children were indeed a handful at times.

She'd noticed some very subtle changes in her daughter over the past week or so. Durnehviir had slept almost constantly, waking only to nurse. Where one she'd been incredibly vocal, the only female cub seemed awfully quiet over the past few days. She'd been eating and developing as normal so to many the whole sleep-and-eat routine would be considered normal, but Paar had been unable to shake the concern that there may be something underlying.

The two-toned medic blinked down at her brood, and reached over to place her snout among them. She breathed deep that warm, puppy scent and stole a kiss at Trajan's sterling brow before affectionately bumping Julius with her nose. To an upside-down snoozing Relonikiv she exhaled softly across his pink belly, then moved too reach for her mottled daughter.

But Durnehviir was not with her brothers. Instead she'd taken residence farther away, directly at her mother's forepaws. She lay curled in a tight little ball and, as Paarthurnax manoeuvred to pull the rogue child closer, she realised that Durnehviir was trembling all over.

Fear gripped her and, delicately placing a paw at her little girl's side, she scooped the pup closer to her chest. Paarthurnax dipped her muzzle to press her lips to Durnehviir's cheek and, while she expected the cub to be cold to her touch, she found her to be uncomfortably warm.

Fever had taken hold of the pup that had seemed perfectly well only a few hours ago and, alone, Paarthurnax hesitated. She would have to leave her entire brood to raid her supplies in search of something suitable to ease the infant's discomfort. Raising to her paws and bundling breeding around the brood to keep them from catching a chill, the now frantic patent slipped from her den and into the nearby herb cache to begin rifling through her stores.
Messages In This Thread
If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Paarthurnax - January 02, 2015, 12:33 PM
RE: If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Durnehviir - January 02, 2015, 12:48 PM
RE: If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Paarthurnax - January 02, 2015, 03:29 PM
RE: If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Durnehviir - January 02, 2015, 03:40 PM
RE: If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Paarthurnax - January 11, 2015, 06:59 AM