Swiftcurrent Creek If you're broken, I will mend you.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She shoved aside the dried grasses she'd used as insulation to protect the fragile herbs she'd stored in the little hollow by her den from Winter's frosts, and looked between them as she frantically sought something to help her baby. Butterfly weed? No, that was for coughs and excess mucus. Blue vervain? No, that was something she'd stored for Bazi when they discussed pregnancy, to promote lactation. Pricklypear? Might come in handy, but it was too soon to tell what sort of infection Durnehviir had contracted, if any.

Where were the burdock root!? The ironweed? Desperate, Paarthurnax yanked things out of the way until, at last, she sourced the medicines she'd dried out that could help in aiding the reduction of fever. She plucked at the roots, tore off a sizable piece, and promptly exited the cache to slink into the hollow where her children waited.

She made to glance quickly at her sons, who remained sound asleep in a warm, content little bundle at the rear of the den. They were snug and, considering she had not noticed any changes in their routines or personalities. She made a mental note of this and set herself down beside her shivering daughter, and tucked the pup close to her chest as she began to grind the lump of burdock root, working at it with her jaws until it was a thick paste.

It did not taste particularly pleasant, but was not bitter or sour. When she was done chewing it, the two-toned Frostfur deposited it onto the ground at her elbow, then manouvered the infant so that she could see her little features. Fearfully she examined Durnehviir, her copper eyes bright with concern as she fought hard to regard her little girl with the same patience, calm and tenderness as she would any other patient.

But how could she? This was her daughter! And if she didn't act fact, the fever would not dissipate on its own.

She licked at the paste she'd created, held it on her tongue, then dipped her snout to lift the pup's chin so that it was propped atop her alabaster forelimb. With her tiny mouth already open as she sucked in cool air - her body's way of trying to lower its temperature - it was easy to deliver a portion of the medicine, and so with a sweep of her tongue she did just that.
Messages In This Thread
If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Paarthurnax - January 02, 2015, 12:33 PM
RE: If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Durnehviir - January 02, 2015, 12:48 PM
RE: If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Paarthurnax - January 02, 2015, 03:29 PM
RE: If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Durnehviir - January 02, 2015, 03:40 PM
RE: If you're broken, I will mend you. - by Paarthurnax - January 11, 2015, 06:59 AM