Redhawk Caldera There are foxes on my sockses
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
TRUE STORY! Any combination of the following folks are welcome: @Fox, @Derp, @Nightjar and/or @Raven. :)

Peregrine anticipated that he would not sleep much with the pups here. For one thing, he was unwilling to miss anything. And the Firebirds would be demanding 'round the clock, he knew. Somehow, though, he nabbed himself a solid four-hour nap in the early afternoon on the pups' second day. When he woke, he spent a few minutes just staring at the four of them, then a full bladder forced him outdoors. He came back as soon as he relieved himself, stopping by a cache to grab some of the dead rodents Jaws had brought them yesterday: one for him and one for Fox.

He ducked back inside, hovering in the den's mouth just as he had during the birthing. He gently placed a squirrel near his mate, then set his aside and settled down to stare at the puppies some more. It was always fun when they moved around and made noise but Peregrine was happy to watch them sleep too. He feasted his eyes upon the children he'd made with Fox. Right now, he felt like he could never get enough of them.

He did steal a few glances at his drowsy partner in crime. He knew Fox would be in no rush to name them, yet he wanted to ask her about Nightjar. And he was pretty sure he wanted to name the little black girl Attica, unless Fox had something else in mind for her. There were a lot of black critters in the world, including several birds, and maybe the Alpha female would want to name her for one of them. The same went for their runty firstborn. It would be easy to draw a comparison between his pale, creamy coat and some form of wildlife. He would be happy to give Fox the naming rights for their monochromatic sprogs.

Then maybe I get to name you, the father thought as his eyes fixed on Fox's miniature. Are you an Attica? he thought toward her, his lips twitching slightly downward. He didn't think it quite fit. As if to agree with him that she didn't want that name, the svelte little lady jerked and gave a shriek that set Peregrine's ears on fire. He winced. Or maybe you're a Banshee, he mused, smiling at her affectionately despite his ringing ears.
Messages In This Thread
There are foxes on my sockses - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 23, 2015, 11:27 AM
RE: There are foxes on my sockses - by RIP Derp - February 23, 2015, 12:01 PM
RE: There are foxes on my sockses - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 24, 2015, 09:46 AM
RE: There are foxes on my sockses - by Nightjar - February 24, 2015, 11:22 AM
RE: There are foxes on my sockses - by RIP Derp - February 27, 2015, 12:49 PM
RE: There are foxes on my sockses - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 27, 2015, 06:01 PM
RE: There are foxes on my sockses - by Nightjar - March 01, 2015, 02:47 PM
RE: There are foxes on my sockses - by RIP Derp - March 07, 2015, 06:36 PM
RE: There are foxes on my sockses - by Nightjar - March 08, 2015, 03:53 PM
RE: There are foxes on my sockses - by RIP Derp - March 23, 2015, 12:59 PM