Otter Creek A Trophy Father's Trophy Son
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Welp there it goes. Oddly satisfying to write!

Honestly, Burke couldn't even remember this pup. There had been so many of them. Surely there had been some grey ones but Burke wouldn't believe that those were his, color wasn't automatically stating that the youngsters would be his. Burke's docked tail rose, he almost stood there like a statue when Kove raged on and on. Burke didn't show any expression just yet, just that calm wolf everyone knew, but on the inside he was brooding. How dare Kove to judge him like this!? He didn't know the man that claimed to be his son. And Kove definitely didn't had to fight his battles for him. Burke disliked having this discussion or fight with Kove in the first place. Burke let out a low snarl to shut Kove up. "You are not allowed to judge me." The tank of a male somehow didn't mind talking about his past. But somehow he got the feeling that Kove would dislike the truth he would give his brother.

"Because I was unhappy. That is why I left," he returned. "Why should I give up my life for someone else's happiness?!," Burke growled. The tank of a male stepped closet to Kove so his muzzle was almost touching the white one. His teeth were exposed for a moment before he dropped all of it. "I have a brother named Darius. Only we two were the survivors of a littler of five. We grew up together, and once I was two, we set out together. I didn't want to kick my own father of the throne, I respected him. It seemed like a good idea to stay together with my brother instead of becoming a lone wolf. We left with one other female of our pack, later on four more females joined and we settled on Thorn Ledge, named after the thorny ledge we lived close by. That is when it all started. Darius thought he was alpha over me. While I found I was the rightful alpha. We fought. And fought. Females started to go in heat and of course us being males we wanted to further our line. But instead of taking on a mate we expressed our dominance by taking these females over and over again."

"I was the provider of the pack. I did all the hunting with some of the females but in the end I needed to hunt alone because they got too fat with pups to even walk. I deserved to be the alpha. They listen to me. I provided the meals, I protected the borders. I was their counselor and their caretaker. I ran my paws from under my body to give them a good life to then come home to my brother Darius lounging around, fucking one of them or telling me what to do. Every time I went away he thought he was the alpha. He was not. I had to spar him on top of being mentally and physically exhaust. Of course he won many spars and it is also why I got my many scars. I didn't had the damn time to even socialize with the pups we created. I wanted to give them a life, a future. But one day I couldn't go on anymore. A switch in my head flipped. Why did I care so much? I realize I didn't. I did not even know the names of the pups. Especially not the ones that were born a year later and the year after that. I couldn't even participate. I don't even wanted to know them for the sole reason they would be of my brother's blood. I don't want anything to do with them."

"I flipped when I lost another spar, once more bleeding from my wounds and laying on the ground close to being deadly exhausted. I didn't want to be who I was before. Darius could have his pack and the wolves with it. He had beaten me. He seemed to fuck any female while I was away, anyways. I told him that he wouldn't survive without me. That I was the one that kept our pack together. Darius didn't believe me, of course." Burke took a deep gulp of air. "Two and a half long years of hunting, fighting and protecting our borders. Every day. Two and a half years. No wonder I am such a tank you must think. Well yes. And you can sink down and rot in your valley if you think I am in the wrong here, Kove. I choose for myself and after that day I felt I never felt more free. I don't know the one that claims to be my son, or all the other wolves that are now supposedly dead. They were foolish to stay with Darius. I found my place, a place where I am valued and if 'my son' wants to know the truth then he can come and get it himself." And after that Burke would kill him too. He wanted nothing to do with any of the wolves from his past. Talking, Yes. Meeting, No. In the end it turned out Burke had been pretty caring and loyal until he was broken to a point of no return.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Messages In This Thread
A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - March 21, 2015, 01:16 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Burke - March 21, 2015, 04:55 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - March 22, 2015, 08:47 PM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Burke - March 23, 2015, 02:45 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - March 23, 2015, 01:15 PM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Burke - March 23, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - March 25, 2015, 11:07 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Burke - March 26, 2015, 07:46 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - April 11, 2015, 11:43 PM