Blacktail Deer Plateau Walk the line
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
Dante's first brutal strike had put Koda at an early disadvantage, but the gray wolf recovered and very quickly turned the fight around in his favor. He was able to nimbly dodge most of the larger wolf's blows, all the while steadily whittling down his opponent's endurance. As the fight wore on, loss of blood made Dante's movements sluggish. The alpha exposed his vulnerable flank, an opportunity Koda exploited without mercy. Blood soaked his fur as his jaws ripped open a large wound in Dante's flesh. Koda was sure he'd ended the fight after dealing such a savage blow, but Dante remained standing seemingly through sheer willpower.

When the Alpha made one last grab for Koda's muzzle, the gray wolf dug in his nails and lunged at his attacker, overpowering the weakened alpha and slamming him hard into the ground. Panting heavily, Koda stood over him. "Stay down," he snarled, pushing Dante's head into the dirt.

Sensing his opponent was defeated, Koda stepped off and glared down at him. "All I ever did was provide for and protect this pack," he spat in anger. "And none of you have ever given me the respect I deserve!" It suddenly occurred to Koda that as the winner of the fight, he now had the right to claim Dante's rank as Alpha male. But he didn't entertain the thought for long, knowing that none among the plateau's ranks would be willing to follow him.

"But don't worry, you'll still get you want. I'm out of here," He said. He'd been on the fence about leaving the pack, but he'd just been very violently shoved off. He would seek out Kesuk to see if she would come with him, and then he'd be gone. "Do not follow me," he ordered. "If any of your lackeys come after me lookin' for revenge, I'll send them home in pieces!"

And with that warning, Koda turned his back on his defeated foe and walked away. His shoulder was on fire where Dante's fangs had sliced the flesh open, but he refused to limp. Though in the end he was still an outcast, he was the victor and he would leave the plateau with head held high.
Messages In This Thread
Walk the line - by Dante RIP - March 27, 2015, 10:49 AM
RE: Walk the line - by Koda - March 27, 2015, 07:03 PM
RE: Walk the line - by Dante RIP - March 27, 2015, 08:10 PM
RE: Walk the line - by Koda - March 31, 2015, 04:20 PM
RE: Walk the line - by Dante RIP - April 03, 2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Walk the line - by Koda - April 09, 2015, 09:46 AM
RE: Walk the line - by Dante RIP - April 09, 2015, 07:48 PM
RE: Walk the line - by Koda - April 11, 2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Walk the line - by Dante RIP - April 11, 2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Walk the line - by Koda - April 14, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Walk the line - by Dante RIP - April 14, 2015, 08:28 PM