1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Random Event 
I will remember your face

'Cause I am still in love with that place

But when the stars are the only things we share

Will you be there?

"Atlas hands" B.F.Leftwich

ooc: BDP mini-plot - a storm and a forest fire caused by lightening that destroys part of the Northern territories. The extent of the damage is up to the rest of the pack members. Osprey's final post here - she is neither seen, nor found after this.

The past few days had been very hot and even with the last bits and pieces of the winter coat gone, Osprey found it very hard to bear. Between occasional patrols along the borders, hanging out with friends and family, hunting, she spent the major part of the daylight hours sleeping and resting, preferring to go on hunting and scavenging missions either early in the morning or during the twilight.

Though the sky had been clear and the sun had shone brightly instinct told her that there was a storm and heavy rainfall coming. And she was not mistaken, because around mid-day dark rain-ladden clouds appeared, hiding the sun. The air was heavy and wind picked up, hitting the trees with such force that they bent, creaked and moaned mournfully. The low rumbling sound and flashes of bright light were the unmistakable indicators of what was coming.

Osprey had found a shelter early enough and was there, when the lightening hit a tree nearby, shredding it to pieces and sending tiny burning particles in every direction. The sun-dried grass, moss and twigs caught fire with ease and it began to spread rapidly, engulfing everything in flames and smoke. Lightening-trees-grass-fire - the pattern repeated itself over and over again, the wind helped the fire move and grow into a dangerous and unstoppable force that didn't spare anything in it's way.

A little too late did the gray she-wolf realize that she was in deep trouble. The smoke, sudden difficulties to breathe and horrible headache had forced her to leave her hiding place and go out in the open to seek a different spot. However, what she saw around her, didn't give much if any hope. The heat was unbearable, she could barely see anything through the thick blanket of smoke and the crackling of the burning wood, as well as the sight of open fire, confused her even more.

Osprey was an old and experienced wolf, yet nothing that she had learned before, had prepared her for this. She stood amidst the fire, her vision blurred by the smoke and fighting for breath, yet she could not force herself to run, even move. Her mind was blank, no rational solutions left, when her life was at stake. Then a nearby tree gave up the fight against flames and wind, it broke and fell, hitting the ground not far from, where the she-wolf stood. Embers hit her fur and muzzle, making her yelp in pain and finally run.

Step by step the forest-fire drew onwards, destroying everything it touched. Moments later one could hear a shrill cry of fear and despair, which joined the ghastly symphony of the roaring wind, the rumbling thunder and the crackling fire. This was the last sign of Osprey in the plateau - her scent, footprints, maybe herself even... was mercilessly turned into ashes.
Messages In This Thread
I will remember your face - by Osprey - June 16, 2015, 04:05 PM
RE: I will remember your face - by Dante RIP - June 16, 2015, 11:18 PM
RE: I will remember your face - by Malachi - June 17, 2015, 04:41 PM
RE: I will remember your face - by Mordecai - June 18, 2015, 12:13 AM
RE: I will remember your face - by Dante RIP - June 18, 2015, 07:14 AM
RE: I will remember your face - by Malachi - June 19, 2015, 01:08 PM
RE: I will remember your face - by Mordecai - June 19, 2015, 01:24 PM
RE: I will remember your face - by Malachi - June 21, 2015, 03:26 PM
RE: I will remember your face - by Lasher - June 21, 2015, 10:46 PM
RE: I will remember your face - by Blue Willow - June 22, 2015, 09:18 AM
RE: I will remember your face - by Eilidh - June 22, 2015, 09:00 PM