Redtail Rise in the middle of shadows
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
With a final disapproving huff, Reek relented and allowed his body posture to relax into a more neutral stance.  Arion's childish tantrum ceased as the Greek regained a semblance of calm.  Finally.  Without copious amounts of poppy to level out Arion's erratic personality, a new side of him had reared it's ugly head. He was Aggressive, hotheaded, and more of a dick than usual.  Perhaps Reek should have left him a druggy and a slave to his vices.  His health spiraled out of control, but at least he was complacent.

He then spoke calmly about Reek's ex-mate, Wynter, but once the word replacement drifted off his lips Reek's heart hitched in his chest. Did he already know? He couldn't have seen, they had been so careful. But, what Reek had completely forgotten to account for was his scent. He had practically bathed in Saena's scent and the mark of her claim lingered thick in his pelt... as his with hers. Arion was sure to pick up on that, he was too analytical for his own good.

"So what if I have?" Reek replied with a bitter intonation. Wynter had made her choice as soon as she left the pack territory. She hadn't just left the rise... but, she left the family , and Reek had moved on. The bitterness that had built in her absence would never truly fade. But Arion was right in one respect, he had moved on to someone better. Saena had made him happy in ways Wynter could never dream of, and for the first time in what felt like ages, Reek was brimming with positivity (although, it would have been hard to see in the moment).

Wynter could be all Arion's for all Reek cared and it seemed that was precisely what he wanted. "What, do you want my blessing?" he spat. "Wed her, bed her, I don't care... just leave me out of it."
Messages In This Thread
in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 12, 2015, 05:10 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 15, 2015, 08:55 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 16, 2015, 05:18 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 16, 2015, 08:33 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 16, 2015, 08:56 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 16, 2015, 10:26 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 16, 2015, 07:54 PM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 16, 2015, 08:53 PM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 17, 2015, 01:31 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 19, 2015, 08:13 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 19, 2015, 09:16 AM