Redhawk Caldera [m] Clothes off
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He gave himself some time to think about what Pan had told him, though it wasn't long before Peregrine found himself yearning for @Fox's input. She was his life partner, after all, and he not only wanted to bounce his thoughts off her, he needed to inform her of Pan's identity. After all, it could change everything. Peregrine still cared for Pan—loved Pan, even—but he had been with Fox longer. He would take her opinion to heart on the matter. Even if she didn't mind, he still needed to sort out his feelings about his own vows and commitments.

"Fox?" he called out upon tracking his mate's scent to the rendezvous site. "You ho—?" He spotted her even as he asked, a soft smile arcing across his dark lips. "I meant to say you home, not call you a hoe," he assured her as he stepped toward the Alpha female and greeted her with a lick to the mouth.
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Finally some spare minutes to post omg.

Fox had been wrapped up in several things, as of late. Her sister's death had been quickly followed by the arrival of Grimm, then there was the savage storm that had ripped through the countryside. Thankfully, it had not damaged their home to any great extent. The lake had partially drained, but that was not so terrible. It gave them more room in the most secluded part of their home, which honestly felt like a blessing rather than a curse.

She had been catching up on some sleep when she heard Peregrine and opened her eyes. Immediately, she expected something that would (again) turn her life upside-down. "What is it?" she asked, apprehension thick in her voice.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hearing the apprehensive tone, Peregrine reassured her, "It's nothing horrible." He took a seat near her, then slid forward onto his belly. He grunted as he shifted his weight to one side so that he could face his mate. He smiled softly at her. They had been together for nearly a year now and his feelings for her hadn't faded one bit. As a matter of fact, they had only grown stronger and deeper over time.

But right now he needed to focus on the other love in his life: Pan. "I had an interesting conversation with Pan recently. You should know we dropped the L-word on one another." He paused, jade eyes fixing on her pale gray gaze. "And he told me that he grew up desiring to be a woman. And that even though he's not living with those godforsaken sirens anymore, he still sort of feels that way... like he's a lady on the inside. He seems a bit confused by the whole thing but I think he's felt this way his entire life. Like he was born in the wrong body."
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Yay insensitivity Fox!

Well, something that wasn't horrible was a good change, and Fox breathed a (hesitant) sigh of relief. She felt the same about their relationship. It was one that would last through the ages, thick and thin, lows and highs, all that good stuff. Fox couldn't imagine a life without Peregrine, nor did she ever want to. He was her one and only, for all intents and purposes... though the thought of Grimm did pop into her mind right before he began to speak about Pan. It seemed they'd exchanged "I love you"s, which was a bit surprising to Fox. Perhaps others fell for others more quickly than she tended to. She didn't question it, keeping her ears open as Perry finished saying what he was trying to say.

Fox's brow furrowed, not really understanding anything that he was saying about Pan. "That's silly," she replied, unaware that such a thing would be offensive. "He's got a dick. He's a dude." Sure, Pan could claim that he wanted to be a woman, but being born in the wrong body? That was downright preposterous. He was born in exactly the body he was born in. "Wait, was Lasher that way, too? Is that why some guys like guys?" Did that mean that Grimm thought she was a dude? Did Peregrine think he was a lady?
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Don't worry, it looks like Perry's not the most tactful either. :P

Another might have been offended by Fox's lack of tact, yet Peregrine merely rolled his eyes, smiled and shook his head. "I don't think Lasher was like that, no. Do you think I think I'm a lady?" he teased her. Growing a smidgen more serious, he added, "It might seem silly to you but it's how Pan feels and I don't want to just ignore that. I don't think he can help it. He's really self-conscious about it too. It took all this time to admit it to me. So don't call it silly, at least to his face."

He looked at her for a long moment, then questioned, "So it doesn't bother you then? I didn't think it would but I wanted to check. Because... I take it a bit more seriously than you do. I think that if Pan feels like a female trapped in a male's body, I, well... I can't say I understand, exactly, but I would respect it. Just like I would respect you if you told me you were really a fox trapped in a wolf's body," he joked, stretching forward to rub his nose against her cheek.

"But as I was saying, if I were to accept Pan as a chick with a dick," he continued, choosing those words if only because they rhymed, "then that sort of doesn't jive with my personal philosophy, which is to have only one lady in my life: you. That leaves me feeling... conflicted, I guess." He looked at her a bit imploringly, sort of hoping she would continue to dismiss it all. That might be insensitive of her but it might make things a lot simpler for him (and Pan).
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
If Peregrine was a lady, then Fox was a boy, through-and-through. But honestly, that wouldn't have been that surprising. He'd always been more romantic than her, and he definitely had more feels than his red-furred mate. The way Peregrine talked about Pan made her feel a bit sorry for the female-in-male's-skin. It sounded like he had a bit of a mix-up in his head, knew it was wrong, but didn't know how to go about fixing it. It wasn't like Fox was an expert on psychology, so she couldn't really understand how to fix it, either. This was the easiest explanation Fox could come up with. He was just a bit touched in the head. That was it.

"If I ever go off spouting such nonsense, feel free to take the kids away from me," she grinned. Really, what kind of wolf would say they were a fox? Or a any other animal, for that matter? Only the crazy ones, Fox assured herself. She still didn't "get it," and it was unlikely that she ever would. "He's still a dude to me," Fox replied. And that was what they'd laid down as the law a long time ago. "He can't have your children, and that's always been my main concern." Redhawk Caldera could only support so many pups at a given time. "But do you think you might be taking advantage of Pan?" she asked, "It doesn't sound like he's... well, I don't want to say he's crazy, but it might be something like that. Like he's not all there in the head if he thinks he's something he's not. Is it the best thing to go on telling him he's right?" To Fox, the example of claiming to be a fox was right up there with this gender identity confusion.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
As he partially expected, Fox brushed off his concerns and insisted Pan was a dude to her. He didn't argue, though Peregrine listened closely when she mentioned her concern. Because it was coming from her, he knew better than to take offense, though he liked to think he would never do something like that (take advantage of someone).

"I didn't tell him he's right or wrong. I really wouldn't know. He seems confused, though, not crazy. He's definitely mixed up about it. I just know that his feelings are valid and that I want to support him." The Alpha paused thoughtfully. "He actually said he might just need to try harder to live like a guy. So he may be leaning in that direction anyhow."

Well, that hadn't been nearly as complicated as it could have been. "How are things with you and Grimm?" he wondered next (because Kat's assuming Fox probably mentioned her to Peregrine!). Just like he wanted to support Pan and make him happy, he wanted the same for Fox. And he thought that fooling around with another lady would do just that (not to mention give him some awesome mental imagery).
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
"Huh," was Fox's one-word reaction to Pan's potential to live more like a dude and less like a lady. But really, what was he doing right now to live more like a lady? Besides, of course, trying to make it with another dude. Even dudes did that, apparently. It was all rather confusing and making Fox's brain think way too hard. Unsurprisingly, Peregrine moved away from the conversation, likely picking up on his mate's mental fatigue at trying to understand Pan's recent confession.

"I haven't seen her since the storm," Fox admitted, "with everything going on, I feel like I haven't had time to look for her, but... I should. What, exactly, do I have permission to do?" She wasn't sure about the ins and outs of same-sex relationships, which were all new to her. In her own mind, as long as they didn't get each other pregnant, anything was game. But she also wanted to make sure Perry was on the same page, considering he'd been courteous enough to do the same for his own secondary relationships.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
It was disappointing to hear that Fox hadn't been able to catch Grimm yet, though neither one of the Alphas had given up on the chance of a (steamy) reunion. Once upon a time, Peregrine had hoped to be privy to such a thing, perhaps even a participant. But it seemed they would pursue their own individual relationships with their secondary lovers, which worked for him. It was understood by now that that the opposite sex was off the table but Fox wasn't totally clear on what was allowed with the same gender.

"Oh, man," was his answer to her question. "You have my permission to do anything to her or, better yet, have her do it to you. Go to town, then tell me all about it in vivid detail," Peregrine teased. "I'm fine with whatever you wanna do with her for real, though. If you just wanna get physical, power to you. If you want to pursue something more serious, have at it." Neither Grimm nor any other woman posed a threat to their partnership nor their family life. And as long as they kept that part—conceiving children—sacred between the two of them, then he totally didn't mind sharing their lives with other people. They were even welcome to become involved with the pups, like Pan was with the Firebirds.

Speaking of Pan and the Firebirds... "Pan was asking me about our plans to make more babies." Peregrine's voice dropped into a slightly deeper, huskier timbre as he stretched forward again to plant a series of soft kisses on his wife's jaw. "I told him we definitely plan to have a batch every year we're able. The Firebirds are well on their way to adulthood." Never mind how crazy that was just now. "That means we get to make more of them soon. Which means we should start practicing more," he finished, flashing Fox his most suggestive look.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox didn't see herself pursuing anything (or anyone) seriously... aside from Peregrine, of course. Their union was a utilitarian one at its roots, and she intended to keep it that way. Not that she hadn't found more in their relationship as time had worn on, but she never forgot her reasoning for shacking up with Peregrine. He was a strong, powerful male in his prime, and she wanted that more than anything. The fact that he was also caring, loving, and overall fantastic was just an added bonus that she'd come to love.

Nevertheless, she swore her temperature rose three degrees when he made not-so-subtle hints about what she should do with Grimm. Fox batted him playfully with one of her front paws. Maybe she should just be herself when seeing Grimm (or any lady she fancied) next. She'd never been much of a slow-burn kinda girl, so perhaps she needed to launch herself right into the physical part of the relationship without worrying about the emotional aspects. It had worked with Peregrine, after all!

Again, Peregrine changed the subject, though Fox wasn't concerned. He spoke of their (ever-growing) family and how he wanted to keep making babies... all of which was one hundred percent perfect in her mind. "It's too bad I don't get to choose when to get pregnant," she mused, "because I'd have another batch for us right now if I were capable." Even though the Firebirds looked grown up, Fox knew they had plenty of other growing up to do. They were still young and had much to learn before Fox and Peregrine could devote their attention to another round of children.

"But it can never hurt to try," she added, rolling onto her feet and giving Peregrine a sultry glance over her own shoulder. "Just think about all the things Grimm is going to do to me... and me to her," she added, toes flexing in the dirt. Truth be told, she still didn't know what they would do, but she had a feeling Peregrine did... which would explain his desire to see the two of them together (even if it was only in his head).
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Of course, he knew his children weren't ready to fly the coop just yet. They had much to learn before they could operate independently. He had felt the same way when Junior had announced her departure at this age. If any of the Firebirds came to him today and told him they were going off on their own, he knew both he and Fox would absolutely forbid it, at least until they were proper adults. In the meantime, past experience told him to handle the subject of younger siblings very, very carefully when the time came. Maybe it was a good thing they had to wait several more months before they would broach the topic seriously.

Fox scattered all thoughts of children with her suggestive talk. Peregrine groaned low in his throat. "Would you ever consider letting me watch?" he wondered greedily, rising onto his feet to hover over his petite mate. "You can watch me and Pan." He paused, thinking of his lover's shy nature. "Maybe from the bushes," he quipped with a quiet laugh and a predatory swish of his tail.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Figured I should slap warnings all up on this thread.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Sexy themes.

"Consider it?" Fox asked, mocking offense. "I'd probably get off on it." She paused for a moment, wriggling her bum under him. "Once I'm a bit, y'know, more experienced." Having somebody watching her first time with a lady seemed like it would be pretty nerve-racking and mood-killing. You can watch me and Pan. She paused there, contemplating whether or not that was something she wanted to see. "That might be fun," she replied, "Although I think it would be even more fun if you didn't know when I decided to sneak a peek." Half the fun was sneaking around, right? And Peregrine never knowing exactly when he was being watched.

All this talk of watching and sneaking was getting her fired up, and Fox began to rock her hips back toward Peregrine, tempting him to do what he did so well. Unless something drastic had changed, she had a preeeetty good feeling this would work to get the hot and heavy stuff started. She whined softly, indicating that talking was over and he should get down to business.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Oh, man, Peregrine thought when Fox told him she would welcome his voyeurism and even use it to heighten her experience. He could not articulate in that moment, instead giving a low, lusty rumble in response. She didn't seem quite as hot on the idea of watching him and Pan, though that was just as well. Peregrine really couldn't imagine Pan wanting to do anything sexual except in the most private of settings. It was almost too bad, because suddenly the Alpha was fantasizing about the two same-sex pairs getting it on side by side, after which he and Fox would bang until the cows came home...

His mate pressed her hips against him suggestively and fantasy became reality, at least in part. He met her whine with a growl low in his throat as he grasped her slim waist and pulled her toward him at the same moment he reared onto his hind legs. Peregrine practically severed her tail as he took her fiercely. For all his unorthodox predilections and fantasies, he lost himself in the raw, carnal and entirely time-honored custom of physically uniting with his mate.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
*makes references to past threads*

She sucked in a breath as he pulled himself on top of her, already anticipating his next actions. By this point, she knew him (and he knew her) so well, they rarely needed to adjust things once they got going. Apparently all this dirty talk had gotten him more riled up than usual, considering the way he went about things with so much gusto in his movements. And, to be perfectly fair, Fox responded with just as much enthusiasm. Unlike Peregrine, she was anything but a selfish lover, tossing out a heated groan here, a well-placed hip thrust there, and the occasional, "Oh, Taz!" when it was warranted.

Once or twice, she tried to picture Grimm somehow fitting into the situation, but Fox was always quickly drawn out of that imagery by Peregrine's, er... dong. She had a hard time believing that any girl could get her to these heights, but perhaps that's why she was so curious about it. If Grimm—or any lady, for that matter—could get her freak on, Fox was eager to learn how it could be done.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Every time Fox moaned, said his name nickname or pushed against him, Peregrine thrust faster against her. By the time their tryst came to its traditional peak (during which he buried his face in her ruff and moaned, "Firecrotch!") his left hind leg was partially lifted off the ground as he almost frantically rocked his hips against her. Afterward, he clutched her tightly around her waist and sagged a bit, then slid off her. Of course, he could not step away from her, so he hiked a leg and twisted around so they were facing east and west, respectively.

"Did you think about getting nasty with Grimm? I did. I mean, I pictured the two of you," he was quick to clarify. As hot as he found the idea of his mate getting frisky with the she-wolf, he did not actually find the idea of joining them appealing any longer. Fox was the only woman for him, just like he was the only man for her. You could say that he was the key to her lock and he was the gun to her holster, and so on and so forth.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
With one several final thrusts, their dance was done, and Fox panted heavily in the aftermath. She groaned slightly as he sloughed off of her, twisting around as he turned to face the other direction. It was, perhaps, the strangest of all the parts of this ritual, but a necessary one. If she'd known anything about evolution, she would have been angry with the way things had turned out for canines. Really, why did they have to be physically attached at their most sensitive parts immediately after the best part? The world may never know...

Peregrine's question caused her ears to fan backwards, and she smirked. Fox wondered if he was going to ask for another round with talk like that. "I did," she replied, though she kept away the fact that it had only been momentary. "I think I'll probably just be totally up front about what I want next time I see her," she mused, thinking aloud. "Actually, how do you feel about other ladies. I mean, do I have to ask for each one?" What if there was just the right time in the right place? Could Fox act on instinct, or did things always have to be planned out (a little) in advance?
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He grinned, pleased. "Everybody likes a woman who's in control," he concurred, then tipped his head as he pondered her question. "Well, that depends. Am I allowed to boink any hot dude I come across?" If she was okay with that, then it would be hypocritical for him to tell her no. Peregrine wasn't even sure how he wanted her to answer. He liked the idea of getting (and giving) the green light for each individual lover, though that did take away any possibility of spontaneity. And it wasn't like they needed to worry about STIs or unwanted pregnancies...
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox pondered. Had Peregrine ever asked about (or even considered) taking a lover that she'd not approved of? Mentally, Fox went through the (decidedly short) list. Lasher she'd never had a problem with, at least not when they'd first met. Luke had be easygoing enough, although she knew the two of them had never gotten physical with one another. Pan was a shoe-in right from the beginning. "I trust your judgement," she concluded. Fox had no reason not to, as Peregrine had proven time and time again that he had good taste. "I'd hope to hear all about it, though." The Redhawk matriarch was sure that wouldn't be a problem.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She seemed to mull it over a moment, then gave him a free hall pass. He swallowed, still not sure how he felt about this level of nondisclosure, though Peregrine suddenly warmed to it when Fox mentioned telling her all about it. That meant she would have to tell him all about her own forays. Well, he could certainly deal with that!

"Deal," he said, grinning and stretching out a paw to bump against hers. He laughed. "I trust yours too," he made a point to say. Then a question suddenly popped into his head and just quickly out of his mouth, "Are we limited to pack mates? Or are we allowed to have one night stands with outsiders?" He wasn't even sure this could logically happen, seeing as he didn't warm easily to those outside the pack. But there was the occasional exception.

Even as he waited to hear from her, it suddenly occurred to him that Pan might feel differently about all of this. Whereas Fox might not mind if he went around sword fighting with everybody (and their brother), his lover might not like it at all. But what if he didn't? Would Peregrine be okay with it if Pan tried to set limitations on him? He wasn't entirely sure. Well, they'd just have to talk about it, just like he'd done with his wife.

"You are the best, by the way," was also something he felt the strong need to blurt.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Bit of PP here so they're not stuck together anymore, lol.

They disconnected, and Fox turned toward him just in time to bump paws with him. Really, what's better than a fist bump right after sex?

She pondered his question, once again trying to figure out how she'd feel about the situation if it were presented right now. And really, it had been presented in the past. She couldn't see herself being angry with Peregrine if he decided to bone another dude outside of the pack. Maybe she should have been more wary, but only because she thought Peregrine had less of an ability to keep things purely physical. He got so attached to his lovers. The only one who hadn't been that close was Luke, and he had only been a romantic interest… not actually a lover.

"I wouldn’t mind if you wouldn't," she replied. Again, her only restriction was on him doing other ladies. She was the only girl for him and he the only girl for her. "You are the best, by the way," he said, which warmed her own heart. She stuck out her tongue bashfully and swatted a paw at him. "You’re a liar," she replied, "because you're the best." Just then, she licked his cheek from the corner of his mouth to the tip of his ear.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Oops, I forgot they were Chinese genital trapped. >_>

Well, it seemed that no dude was off limits for him and no dudette was off limits for her. "I accept these terms," Peregrine quipped, then pulled a face and pretended to pull away in disgust when she laid a sticky, wet smooch on the side of his face. At the same time, he giggled and batted his eyelashes bashfully at her reflected compliment. "Oh, you," he said, moving in to nibble at her ear.

"What do you wanna do now?" he questioned. He had no desire to part with her, so there must be something they could do together, whether it was round two of boinking or something more dutiful, maybe, like hunting or patrolling.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
"What do you wanna do now?" Another question that required another answer. Fox was in no hurry to scurry away from her partner in life, so she hummed thoughtfully while she considered the options. They could always bone again, although she kinda felt like that was the easy way out. I'm not sure why that makes sense, but I swear it does. There were other things around the caldera that probably needed to be done. Patrolling was always an option, and something they were both responsible for. There was hunting, although Fox preferred to leave that to Peregrine most of the time. And then there was parenting, something she thought they were both doing a pretty good job with. And yet… sometimes it felt like the kids were growing up so damn fast.

"Let’s go hang out with the kids," she decided. "Maybe we can all go for a quick swim. You think Pan would want to join us, too?" Fox didn't have any intention of excluding him from their lives. In fact, she thought it would be best if he were more involved.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He would never, ever turn down an opportunity to spend time with the Firebirds. Much as he had dropped the ball with his first litter in some regards, he hadn't made the same mistakes the second time around. Aside from his (rather significant) lapse in judgment with Junior's visit, he had actually done a pretty decent job of raising Nightjar, Wildfire and Raven. Of course, Fox had done an even better job and it was her first rodeo. What a champ.

"Sounds good to me," he agreed. "Probably," he added, knowing Pan enjoyed being involved with the Alphas' family. He was a crucial part of it now, after all. "Just remember: don't call him silly," he reminded his mate in a playfully serious tone, nipping her rump before beginning to trot away in the direction of the caldera.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
"Why would I c—ohhh," Fox replied, almost completely forgetting their entire conversation from before. Pan thought he was a lady. Or his brain thought he was a lady, but he knew he wasn't. Or… well, it was complicated, but definitely not silly. Whatever it was, it didn't affect the status of her relationship with Peregrine, and that was the important thing. If he had somehow revealed that he was a lady all along, things would have been radically different.

Grinning all the way, Fox trotted alongside Peregrine, eager to play with the kids and Pan. Perhaps others would show up, too, if they were lucky. Unless, of course, Perry wanted to keep it strictly a family affair.