To Northstar Vale we go...
31 Posts
Ooc — Noah
Takes place at Granite Gate. For Itsy.

Scratch noticeably yawned as he made his way through the pass. He hadn't slept since he entered the wilds, but it didn't matter too much for him. He has stayed awake before at days of time, so the exhaustion was nothing new to him. His mind was still sharp and he navigated the pass with relative ease. Itsy wasn't too bad of company. In fact, he enjoyed her company. Nice to not be alone for a change. He looked up the path and noted it was still a long way to go.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy had herself nestled in the fur of the creature's back. She woke up from her rest, and discovered that they were in an entirely different place now. The journey hadn't been too harsh too her, and for once, she enjoyed the company. Never had she travelled with a companion, and never did she imagine doing so. But her wing was still in no state to make sudden movements, so the little bird was still grounded.

The rock wren realized that she had not known what kind of animal Scratch was, and suddenly felt the need to ask.

"Scratch? What are you?" she asked, wondering if he got the meaning. "And do you know what I am? You must know, right?" Of course he had to know. Her kind was plenty, but maybe he came from a place where there were none.
31 Posts
Ooc — Noah
The fox was startled by Itsy's question, more that he thought she was asleep than anything else. Scratch smiled sheepishly. "Well, I'm a red fox. Apparently, there's different kinds of foxes, but I only run into those of my own. And...I know you're a bird, but what kind are you?" It was true that he had encountered birds before, but as they were so high in the sky (along with his fear of them from experience) that he couldn't really find out.

"So, where have you been before now?" Scratch asked, wishing to generate some conversation.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I think you need to make one last post on Winds Of Sorrow to archive it. It can be a small one

A sudden cold wind blew over, making Itsy shudder. She burrowed her body into the red foxes, as she came to know now, red fur. Scratch asked as she did so what kind of bird she was, and she found herself surprised. Then she remembered how her kind weren't everywhere.

"I'm a Rock Wren. We normally stay close to the ground, rather than the skies and the trees. More tasty treats down here" she stated, adding onto the end to show why. Or at least why she thought they did so.

He piped up a second question, and she answered without pause. "I've been around. Not sure what the names of those places were, but I've been many places, and seen many sights...I've always wondered how humans could be so crowded up. Why don't they get their space?" she asked herself aloud. The rock wren had few run-ins with these 'humans', as that was the name she had been told by her mother, and sometimes she had seen the 'cities' they lived in. Always so clumped up. It really did confuse her as to why they did so.
31 Posts
Ooc — Noah
It's done

With the response to her question, Scratch himself thought about it as well. In the village he lived at, he always noticed that there was just so much forest around the large village. He had always seen them together, conversing for some reason. "Maybe they're a social race, kinda like pack wolves but they walk on their hind legs and have access to magic." The last part was what one of his brothers described the picture-boxes and non-burnable candles they had.

He felt a light vibration, but disregarded it. The sky was clear with the exception of a few clouds, so there shouldn't be any bad weather anytime soon. Still, it gave him that uneasiness he was known to have.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy found herself to be more surprised as Scratch spoke of himself living in a human village once. She had to know what it was like, because she had only seen them from afar.

"What was it like? I mean living with those things around?" She had always thought them to be odd, and had no other word for them but humans, having not known much about them, except that they lived in towering mountains with shimmering walls. They certainly were an odd species.
31 Posts
Ooc — Noah
Scratch grinned at the thought. "Well, it was one of my brothers that dragged me into that kind of lifestyle. Lost sight of him after the flood, and forgot his name, but he was always so fascinated with their culture. I guess that most of them were alright with us around, but there were those who waved these things called brooms to get us away. My brother says that they're used for sweeping, but I think they're for getting rid of us. We could easily slip through the alleyways undisturbed, but he was attacked by a cat and got this scar across his nose. Still, it was a nice place to live at. I wonder where he is now..." he bit his lip, thinking where he could be. He quickly thought of other things. "Their food is awful though, so I would say to avoid that..." he felt a rumble, stopping for a second. He glanced around, wondering where it was coming from...
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
from reading your newest thread, I'm guessing this would be the last thread they have together. So in the next one, I may assume they parted ways. Or do you want to have another, dated before that thread?

From the fox's description, he had been very observant. At least in Itsy's point of view. It didn't sound too friendly, so despite all of her dreams of seeing them up close, she swore to never think of doing so. But she was adventurous, so that may happen. One day. The rock wren also learned some facts on his family, or his brother mainly. But he didn't seem to want to speak of him, so she did not question anything on that.

"So how far is this place? Will it take another day or so?"
Her questions must have seemed quite endless to the fox, but just like her love for adventuring, she loved being curious. Manners was something she lacked. She did sound very much like she was complaining, even though she wasn't the one walking. And she enjoyed that. She could go on like this forever.
31 Posts
Ooc — Noah
Let's end it on this thread. I would like to finish up Scratch and move on.

"I would say in a day or so. Shouldn't be too far away..." He noticed a rock fall past them and tumble below, hearing a yelp below. He glanced down in awe, thinking that he heard this voice before. "Hey, Itsy, do you mind waiting up here? I think I heard something down there"

The fox swore that this was a similar to one of his relatives, and hoped that is would be anyone. It could even be his brother! He quickly made his way to the noise, hoping for the best.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The little rock wren sighed. She couldn't take another day without flight. Despite the comfort she had, Itsy valued the freedom of flight more. Her attention was diverted straight to the crashing of a rock. A yelp followed after. And for some reason, Scratch was very interested in it. He requested she stay here, and she hopped onto a rock next to them, and he was gone.

"I'll wait here, I guess" she said, watching cautiously around as she waited for the fox to return. "Be back soon!" she called after him. Little did she know that this would be the last time she saw him.
31 Posts
Ooc — Noah
This'll be the last one for me

Making his way down, the fox noticed a form in the distance. He could've sworn it was an illusion, but he felt it was too real to be so. The figure looked at him and then ran away. Oblivious of who it was, nor that it was a figment of his imagination, he ran after it. He had hope of who it could be, and almost forgot about Itsy. He reasoned that he'll just come back after he met up with the figure.

"Hey!" he shouted as he ran after it, hoping it would stop.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
last from me
Itsy heard a distant shout, but she couldn't tell if it was of surprise or anger, or anything else. So it could have meant anything. On a good note, a warm breeze came through. But that was the only thing. Now, she was different to the usual self. She wished for company, because for once in her life, she was afraid. Anything could be out there. And she had lost her ability to fly for a time. Long enough for anything to find her, then make a snack of her.

"Please come back"
she pleaded to no one in particular, even though she knew no one was around. She jumped behind the rock and huddled there, hiding from the sight of all.