when a heart is broken
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Any BFW wolf welcome! Gonna PP Lusa throughout the thread

"So, that means l have... two families?" The creamy pup walked alongside his mother, head down and not feeling like himself at all. He wanted to stay with Scarlett and Desna. Heck, he even wanted to stay with Xan. He wanted Bearclaw again, but he couldn't go back. His mother refused. "No Chevalier. They were not your true family, they only took care of you after the storm."

He had been listening to Lusa tell him about the storm, and how he was taken by a bad person. He didn't really care. All he could think about was his home. "My name is Leo now. Not Chev-cheviliar..." He had no idea why his mother kept calling him that. He didn't like that name. It was too difficult to say. "Well when we go back home, it will be Chevalier." He felt her tongue wipe over his head. Usually he liked when people did that, but right now he didn't want love.

His grey blue eyes took in the sight of an ever growing darkness. Blackfeather Woods as his mother called it. When they walked closer he became both terrified and awed. "Is this h-home?" he whispered. "Yes. This is where you were meant to be." After her words, his mother let out a loud sound. A howl. He went in between her legs, his body shaking with worry. Why did he have to come here of all places?
”the voices”
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Bit of gore? putting this up just in case!

Burke was just coming around the corner from the swaps, he was on patrol after all, when he heard the howl. God damn, was Lusa gone again? What does she need a welcome for?! Mildly annoyed with the female that kept going away while being injured the alpha trotted forward, dragging the wolf carcass with him that leaked a steady trail of blood on their borders. It was one of Burke's more splendid ideas. The loner had too close to their border and Burke needed a fresh supply of blood that would give them a good mark. Unfortunately you already needed a good two wolves to make the borders with good, faintly. Oh well. He would see what Lusa howled for. 

Burke came in closer, not caring if he made noise, it would mean his arrival. After all his heavy footsteps thumped the ground and he was dragging a carcass, a wolf carcass with him, after all. Once he spotted the female he let the carcass go and left it there to rot. The blood was almost depleted anyhow. His muzzle was stained with blood and so were patches of his fur, combined with a fit of foul swamp mud, it made Burke rather dirty looking today. His pale eyes popping out even more because of the red blood on his face and maw. "What is it?," he spoke to Lusa and then saw the pup close to her. Burke stepped close to him. "He smells of Bearclaw," He growled. "Did that wench of 'oh-toughen-me-up-Burke' have him all along??"
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
I hope you don't mind me joining in!

Nemesis's ears twitched as she heard the howl of a fellow pack member. The sound was familiar, but she couldn't remember exactly who it belonged to. Instead, she decided to investigate the source. As the ran to meet the call, she realized she hadn't met all of Blackfeather, suspiciously.There were ranks held but none to show for it. In her opinion, it was traitorous. She would never abandon the pack, her duties, without reason. That kind of disgrace was something she would never fall upon herself. 

Nearing the call, she noticed a familiar face. Lusa. She had only met Lusa once, and the fight at the borders but besides that, she didn't really know her that well. But Lusa seemed like a fiery spirit, like her, and someone who she would want to be on her team. 
Approaching the female, she called out a simple greeting "Hello Lusa". But as she came nearer, she noticed something, a light something, quivering between Lusa's legs. She knew that many of Lusa's kin had been lost or taken in the storm, so the little one must be one of them. She remembered how distraught Lusa had seemed when she told her of her lost children and Nemesis found herself happy the Lusa had relocated one of her pups. "I see you've found one of your kin, who might he be?" She asked, curious to meet who exactly the child may be. One day, he could grow up to ollow the dark footsteps of his birthplace, and for that she was excited.

She noticed Burke was present as well and gave a nod in his direction of acknowledgement, "Burke". Though she wondered who this female was he spoke of, from Bearclaw. If she had taken Lusa's child, that would already put her in her bad books.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
When a grey wolf came into view, Leo's eyes lit up with pure happiness. "Raziel!", he called while running up to him. He knew he would never leave him! He buried his head into his back leg, happy to see him. That was when the smell of blood rose into his nostrils. He pulled back, frightened by the smell. It smelled like wolf blood. "Raziel is hurt!"

He didn't notice the other wolf come, he only cared for the blood. He looked backwards to see his mother walk up to him. "No Chevalier. That is Burke. Not this... Raziel." He growled at this. "My name is not Chevee. It's Leo! Leeeeoooo!" He heard her mother sigh with impatience. "Hello Nemesis. Burke. Yes, I have found my missing son. Yes, that good for nothing furball had him." Who was she talking about.

"I'm sorry Burke. I've been uneasy ever since the storm, so I thought looking for herbs for Meldresi would give me peace. I traveled farther than I intended. I ran into Bearclaw Valley while I traveled. I wanted to see how Scarlett was doing. She smelled of puppies, so I asked her about it. We were talking about them and then I bought up the topic of the storm. I told her how Ohen took Chevalier away and then she said that he may had dropped him there. She didn't want to give him to me at first, but I won the verbal spar in the end. She gave him to me, but this next thing I say is important." Leo didn't want to hear a word that came from his mother's mouth, he dug his head deeper into Burke's fur, finding that he was crying again.

"You know that 'truce' we had with Bearclaw. Yep, that's over now. Scarlett never wants to see another one of us again."
”the voices”
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke flattened his ears when the pup rushed to him like he was his father or something. He growled softly because other than the spiderlings he wasn't a fan of younger wolves. He had said to Lusa that he would train them but not because of his own pleasure. Once the pup growled at his mother and even talked back to her Burke grabbed him roughly by his scruff as a correction. Even though the pup was probably used being grabbed by the loose skin, Burke made sure that the pup would feel his correction. "Be respectful to your mother," he growled at the pup. "I'm Burke, your alpha," he let out with a warning in his tone. 

Burke listened to what Lusa was telling, so it had been Ohen who brought the pup to Bearclaw, on one hand it was rather smart because that Scarlett woman did like to care for babies, and it seemed that Chevalier was more than well fed. "Then we leave Scarlett and that pack of hers behind. Perfect for me because that Kove is a traitor too. He couldn't even keep leadership and had to give it away to this Raziel. Humiliating. And that was a dark brother," Burke spoke. He then looked at Lusa and at Nemesis. "She cared at least for your child. We don't want anything to do with them and they don't want to do anything with us. Lets just keep it like that. I don't want a war while Meldresi is carrying. I want to be able to spend time with my children,' he spoke, and there was no arguing with that.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis was intrigued to hear about this Scarlett woman. It seemed like she had kept Lusa's child all along, and to her, was not very noble. It was suspicious to hear that that pack had relations with Blackfeather, it didn't seem like the kind of pack Blackfeather would associate with. The conversation was all very strange to her, she was not aware of any Kove or Raziel but she got the intense feeling they were not friends. The part about one of the wolves being a Dark Brother concerned her. Why would a Dark Brother leave the dark pack? To her it didn't make sense but she dismissed the thought. And to lose his pack to the hands of another, she almost felt sorry for him.
She made a mental note for in the future is she ever made contact with those wolves to be less than courteous. She didn't know them, but she didn't need to. Apparently, whatever alliance they had was now broken and there was no need to be nice to such wolves. Especially when one had been harboring a fellow packmates child this whole time.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
When he was grabbed roughly by the scruff, he yipped with shock. He ran away from Burke and back to Lusa, tail tucked between his legs. "Sorry," he whispered, head down. This couldn't be Raziel! He would never do that! He looked up at his mother, who didn't do anything about it. No bite, no yelling. Nothing. Some mother he had.

"How humiliating indeed. Why would we even have an alliance with such a soft Pack?" His eyes blazed when he called Kove that word. Humiliating. "But Kove is good!", he chipped in loudly. He looked up at his mother, who glared down at him. Afraid that he would be punished again, he lowered his head, tail wrapped around his leg and ears low. He should be good. "To be honest, I'm glad Ohen dropped him at Scarlett's feet. Other's may have killed him."
”the voices”
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Lusa and was pleased to see that she didn't correct him. Burke looked at her. "Times were different then, Lusa. You just arrived and what you call a 'soft pack' might not be a soft pack. Never underestimate anyone. And you are very lucky Ohen brought your pup to Bearclaw. Instead of taking bad about them I should reconsider to at least be a bit grateful, if not to the pack, but at least to his horrible Scarlett woman. I don't like her either but what she did was a favor to us. Like she said. We are even now. She came here a few times for help and after that she helped one of our own. We do not hate or like them. They are neutral to us. Just like ever other pack they aren't allowed close to our ground,' Burke spoke.

Man he was getting pretty good at this counseling thing. He really had to keep the peace between Bearclaw and Black Feather, as much as he might not want it. Meldresi would have her young in a month or so and he didn't want them to be born into a war and get taken or worse get murdered. Burke was a protective papa bear after all. "Let's go inside and have a meal. Tomorrow I might come and pick Chevalier up so we can start toughening him up. He is getting soft natured because of that Scarlett."
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis listened silently as Burke corrected them. So the pack was not an enemy but they continuously gave them a reason to be? And they were grateful for this Scarlett woman for taking such good care of Lusa's child when from her point of view didn't make a good enough effort to find who his rightful mother was. She wouldn't dare question Burke's judgement, but she couldn't help formulating questions of her own. 
She could see that the child was scared, which made her even more irritated. That woman had made him weak and frightened, but they were just neutral. To her, it didn't make sense. But she kept those feelings to herself, it was not her place to have such an opinion. 

Nemesis took it as her time to leave. "Lusa, I congratulate you on obtaining your child" She said, calmly. Looking down, she met the pup's eyes. "Be good to your mother" She said, having the feeling that the tension that had already conspired between them could go either way. She was never close to her mother, a fault in her childhood and she hoped that never happened between Lusa and the pup. The results were ghastly indeed. She gave a soft nod in goodbye to Burke as the turned away.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Last post for me!

The little pup couldn't even bare to look at anyone. He was too scared. Tail tucked and shivering, he went in closer to Lusa. He covered his face with black fur, enjoying the darkness it created. Nice, soft, warm, and dark. It felt like no one could mess with him here.

"That is right. Never judge something for what they seem."

"I do really appreciate it though. I'm glad he's still alive, I really am."

Right at that moment, he felt a tongue rub against his back. He only cringed at that. He risked taking a peak at the world. When Burke said they would have a meal, he wanted to scream in protest. He wouldn't be in the presence of that crazy man! But he was picked up by his scruff and he heard his mother saying 'it's a good idea'. Than they started walking towards darkness.
”the voices”