Blackfeather Woods The Great Escape
27 Posts
Ooc —
He was in something. It was dark, but there was a hole that light filtered through. The bigger wolf had put him here. Baldur whimpered. He no longer believed that these two would bring him back to his mom. So then what were they going to do with him? Baldur did not want to stay and find out.

Aiming for the hole, he jumped to try to reach it, his little paws failing. He missed the edge by mere inches. Growling he tried again, he was a little closer that time but still too far. Gazing around his small prison, Baldur searched for something to help him get free. There was a knob just to the left and big enough for him to climb on. That may give him the boost he needed to escape this dark place. Baldur made his way onto the knob, and then with a big heave he jumped for the light again. His paws locked around the edge. Using his hind legs, he dug his little claws into the side of his prison and pushed himself over the edge.

Wind grabbed him, pulling him down. Baldur let out a high pitched squeal in fear. His little body hit hard ground that took the breath from him. Gasping, he rolled back and forth, coughing. Slowly, it became easier for him to breathe again. Once he was calm, Baldur took in his surroundings. He was still in the woods. Gazing up from where he had fallen, he saw that his prison had been one of the giant trees.

There was no signs of the two bigger wolves, so Baldur ran to the nearest bush, hiding beneath it. He needed to figure out how to get back to mom and away from the two bigger wolves. He gazed around fearfully from his hiding place, wary of being found and placed back in the tree.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
I hope it's ok if his brother finds him :D

Today was a day like any other to him. It became a routine. Wake up and get taught by Lusa. Just like any other day, Leo was quick to bolt out of the den right after the lesson. They were fun at first, then became more boring the longer he listened. He fumbled with the dirt through the whole teaching.

He ran farther and farther, searching the forest for the big male. Burke wasn't the best wolf, but fighting lessons were better than history lessons. He slowed down at a certain spot, which happened to be right in front of Baldur's hiding spot. "Burke!", he called out loud, "Where are you? I want another lesson!" He stomped his foot and grunted with rage. He wanted to become the knight his mother said he was!

Leo lifted his dark nose in the air, testing the waters. There was a different scent, one he did not know. Paws carried him over to the special bush, and he pushed his body through the leaves. Inside was a small bundle of brown fur. A kid like him, only frightened. He came closer to the thing. "Relax, I'm a nice guy," he whispered softly, licking the boy's ear. His mother never mentioned Baldur, so he didn't know that this was his lost brother. He sat down close to the other child, resting his head on the soft back. "Why are you all alone? Don't you have a mommy?"
”the voices”
27 Posts
Ooc —
A voice called out to him. Baldur turned to see another wolf pup coming up from behind. "I was kept by two bigger wolves," he explained. "I finally got away." Did this other pup think he was scared? Honestly he wasn't. It was more like he was annoyed. "And of course I have a mommy!" Was this other pup dumb? "We all have mommies.... Don't you?" Baldur wasn't completely sure, not knowing any other wolf pups since being taken from his parents and siblings. "What are you doing out here?" Had this pup been taken by the two bigger wolves too? "Are you lost?" Maybe they could both work together to find their way home. Wherever that was. He took a sniff at the pup to catch his scent. Baldur blinked a few times. He recognized that smell. But from where?
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He blinked questionably, a dumbfounded look on his face. "Why would they take you away?" Why would Baldur's mother even let him be taken? Mother's were supposed to protect their children weren't they?

He nodded at his next statement, "I do. I have two... I think. Well I'm not sure. I never see the other anymore. He thought that maybe Scarlett would get him again, but he never saw her after Lusa took him back. He missed BCV. It was much more fun and brighter and clear. It was dark and boring here. Plus there was too many trees everywhere.

Leo shook his head. "I'm not lost. I'm looking for my fighting mentor!" His grey eyes gazed to the side. "I can't find him though," he grumbled. Today had been such a bore and he needed the spice of training in his life.

The lion boy jumped up, eyes glittering. "Maybe we can explore instead! My mother told me there are blue lights in the woods called Wisps. We can go find them!"
”the voices”
27 Posts
Ooc —
Baldur scrunched up his nose. "There was a big storm and daddy had told one of the wolves to take me so he could take mommy because she was hurt." He felt sad and alarmed at the thought that his mom may still be injured. The other pup answered his question saying that he had a mom too and possibly two. Baldur was confused when the pup explained that he may never see his other mommy. He wanted to ask more questions but the pup answered another question saying that he wasn't lost and was looking for his fighting mentor. What was a fighting mentor? What was a mentor? Baldur was beginning to feel tired from this pup's energy as he suggested they go exploring instead of looking for his mentor.  "But I want to find mom!" Baldur cried. "I need to find her. What if she is still hurt!" He was determined to get to his mom after being held captive for so long. Baldur wasn't even sure how long he had been in the care of the two bigger brothers.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
How ironic. His mother had been injured in a storm just like Leo's had. "My mother was hurt in a storm too..." He started in a slow unsure pace. "And I remember two wolves taking away my brother. When I came back he wasn't there." He looked over to Baldur with a questioning gaze. His brother looked just like him too. He was darker than him and Peridot. Had the same fur as his father, who he hadn't seen in forever.

He nodded and stood up. If he wanted to find his mother, he would help. Especially, if they had the same mother. "Um, does your mother have black fur and blue eyes by any chance?" The pieces seemed link perfectly. If the boy said yes, then he would take him straight to his mother.
”the voices”
27 Posts
Ooc —
So this pup's mother had also been hurt in the storm. Baldur felt sad for the pup, but when he mentioned that two wolves had taken his brother - that's when Baldur wondered if they were brothers. The pup stood asking if his mom had black fur and blue eyes. Baldur's ears perked forward. "Yes!" He didn't remember her too well, but he could remember the startling blue eyes of his mom, and her midnight coat that was as black as the cave he was born in. "Do you know her? Can you show me where she is?" He also wanted to ask if the pup was his brother. The scent was all to familiar for it to be a mere coincidence. But he kept the question to himself, he didn't want to jump to conclusions. It would be awkward to ask such a question if they ended up not being brothers.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Gonna PP Lusa after your post :)

Lucky for him, Baldur had said yes. He smiled, happy to know that he can be a hero for once. "Yeah, I know where she is. Common I'll show you!" He started running in the direction of the cave. His mother was bound to be in the den still. She never really left a lot, which sort of worried him. Maybe he had hurt her feelings, which made him ashamed.

He didn't stop running until he reached the den. She had to be here, Leo was certain. He peeked in and saw a black ball of fur rising up and down slowly. She must have been sleeping. "Mother?" he called in, then a spoke louder. "Mother!"
”the voices”
27 Posts
Ooc —
Baldur bounded after the pup, although more slowly. He was malnourished and weak from not gaining the nutrients he needed from his mother's milk. The lack of milk has made him thin, and his coat was caked in dried mud. It wasn't long before they came to a den. Baldur followed his possible brother into the cave as he called for mother.

"It is her!" He told the pup. "Then you are my brother!!!" His tail was wagging so hard that it caused his butt to wiggle with it. He jumped on the sleeping mountain of fur, running his tongue over her in happiness and love. "Mom! MOM!" Who would have thought that his brother would have found him? Baldur was grateful that fate had brought them together again.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He stayed in the entrance of the den when Baldur ran inside. He didn't want to ruin the moment. He knew how it felt to reunite with someone, well a little. His reaction had been very different from his brother's.

Lusa mumbled, "Mommy needs a nap Chev..." It was clear she didn't notice it wasn't actually him and it was the pup she had been mourning over for so long. He huffed with anoyance. Leo felt that she needed to see Baldur now. He stomped inside, walking up closer until her ear was in target. He chomped on it, not hard enough to be a bite. More like an annoying nibble. She groaned as herhead shot up."What do you ne-". When she turned and saw Baldur, her eyes widenen. She closed her eyes and shook her head, like shecouldn't beleive what she saw. 

She then squeezed his brother close, attacking him with kisses. "Baldur, my baby... I can't beleive you're safe!" Leo stood in a corner, a smile spreading across his maw. He felt like a superhero.
”the voices”
27 Posts
Ooc —
Baldur accepted the attack of kisses from his mom. He buried in her thick black fur, happy to finally be back. Glancing around he asked, "Is dad here too?" He didn't see any other adult wolf in the den. But it wasn't like he would recognize his father if he saw him. He had barely opened his eyes when he was taken from them all. He felt sad that he didn't know his family. But he would now.

Baldur looked at his brother in hopes that he knew where their dad was too. Feeling guilty, he realized that he had forgotten to ask his brother what his name was. He would have to ask him later when he wasn't being drowned in mom kisses.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
@Baldur Sorry for the holdup!

Leo decided to walk into the den. To enjoy the sudden wholeness feeling. It was like he had a hole in his heart that he did not know was even there.

When his fuzzy brother asked about a dad, Lusa slightly frowned. It didn't affect Leo much, for he didn't really remember his father all that much. "He's somewhere far away," she answered. This was a lie, but the creamy pup did not know it.
”the voices”
27 Posts
Ooc —
"Far away? When will he come back?" Baldur was naive to his mother's words. Thinking that his father would be returning to them eventually, and hopefully soon. He wanted to meet all of his family. Although his little mind skipped over the idea that he may have more than one sibling. He didn't remember much before he was pup-napped.

He turned his head, distracted by his brother's sudden precense. Questions about his father forgotten,  Baldur lept from his mother to the ground and raced up to his brother. "What's your name?" he asked. "I'm Baldur."