Meadowlark Prairie In the number of times I punched with my fist
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Private 
Here we go. c: @Chevalier

After the run-in with the tank of a wolf, whose identity still remained a mystery to the young albino, he’d headed deep into the woods. Further and further he’d gone, taking paths that were entirely new to him. He’d been exploring the woods since day one, that was no secret, but even still there remained areas he just wasn’t familiar with. After awhile, he’d realized something was different, and had quickly looped back around to tell his father of his findings. With the elder Inuit being an adventurer at heart, no arguments had transpired between them. In fact, it had been quite the opposite. Kove had encouraged the boy to follow his curiosities, to answer the small adventure that was calling to him. After telling his dad which direction he’d be heading in, and how he wasn’t sure if he’d remain within the territory’s borders or not, the boy was off. He took the same path he’d traveled along earlier, pace quickened until he caught a hint of light. Then, his steps slowed, and before he knew it, the young albino had exited the safety of the pack’s land.

There had been a strong temptation to turn around and walk right back into the woods, but the lure of the unknown was far too enticing for him to pass up. His steps started as nothing more than an average paced walk, carrying him away from the woods that had quickly become his home. Then, his legs started to move faster, carrying the boy over greater stretches of land far quicker than it’d have gone had he continued to walk. There was a slight chill to the air, increased as he ran against the wind, but he didn’t complain. Instead, a smile made itself at home on his face, enjoying the feeling of running free. It was like nothing he’d ever felt before. No one was looming over him, watching his every move. No, it was just Alexander and the open land, with the wind being the only thing to send whispers his way.

Eventually, Xan found his pace slowing, limbs growing tired from the long run. As he entered the prairie, he passed right through the section of shorter vegetation, entering the long grasses that covered the land. He’d never been in such high grasses before, and though it’d started as being difficult to navigate through, he’d eventually taken to using his nose as a compass of sorts. Before long, he came to a complete stop and sat himself down, wishing to rest his legs. Though his body remained still, his head did not. He looked in every direction, taking in all he could see and enjoying his alone time. Already he loved Blackfeather, but exploring the neighboring territories wasn’t too bad. Perhaps he would tell his dad of his discovery, or maybe even Nemesis if she was up to dealing with him once he returned home. Casting those thoughts aside, he tilted his head back and gazed up at the sky, wondering what else the world had to show him. No matter what, he would see it all, he was certain of it.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Broken and bloodied, the youngster ran away, his pride stripped from him, if he ever had any. He didn't care where he went, as long as it wasn't back to the beast or home. He did not wish to be confronted by his family. He was in no mode to be crowded. He would turn around and head back later.

Farther and farther he limped, blinded from sobbing. His body ached and his new wounds stung greatly. He felt like curling in a ball and sleeping for a long, long time. But something kept the creamy boy going. Maybe it was fear. Maybe it was anger. Who knows?

The sand under his paws turned into the earth he was used to. The barren land transformed into a grassy environment. Leo's body cut through the tall grasses. He barely noticed. The voices were yapping once more. Kill her, they hissed. Look at what she did to you Leo. Make her pay. He growled at them, resulting to their whispers ceasing. "Leave me alone!", he yelled, "I hate you!" Why couldn't they leave him alone? These voices were tearing him apart.

Leo was to busy trying to block out the voices to notice the pale boy in front of him. He only acknowledged the fact when he bumped into his backside. Immediately, he jumped back, his breathing increasing and eyes widened. For a second he thought it was the beast, coming to beat him up some more, but this wolf was smaller, almost as small as him. And his pelt was a complete opposite color. Peridot perhaps? No, the scent was not female. The only other white pup he knew was...  "Xan?", he squeaked. He may be wrong. There was more snowy pups out there.
”the voices”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
First there came the copper scent, which was so pungent that the smell alone was able to coat his tongue, leaving a metallic taste in his mouth. He had smelled it once before, back during the feast. It was the same smell that had eventually started to come from Desna’s wound, making the child certain of what it was. Blood. He knew not who it belonged to, nor did he really care. Not wishing to give up his spot, he stayed sitting right where he was, butt planted to the ground no matter how strong the scent became. He knew there was something approaching him, something that was injured. Perhaps, his devilish mind thought, he could take down whatever creature possessed the odor. Nemesis had mentioned him making a good killer, so why not put those words to the test—or so the original plan had been. As a voice sounded from close by, yelling at something or someone, he put his plan on hold. It was then that the scent of wolf was able to break through the metal-like fragrance. Someone must’ve gotten attacked, or maybe the injuries were caused by one’s own stupidity. Whatever the case, it didn’t matter to him. What mattered was how close the aroma had gotten to his space.

Despite the strengthening of the odor, he did not get up and carry on his merry way. He stayed in his spot, the idea of leaving because of someone else being a notion his pride just wouldn’t allow. Then it happened. Something bumped into his back region, making his body whip around with record speed and hackles stand on end instantly. Bearing his teeth at whatever had hit him, he almost didn’t realize that he knew the fool daring enough to walk right into him. Though the force of the younger’s body colliding with his own hadn’t been nearly as strong as it would need to be in order to cause actual pain, it’d been just enough to send a jolt through his body due to his bruise. It was hidden, of course, beneath his thick coat of fur, but being out of sight did not mean it didn’t exist. Someday, he’d get payback on the wolf who’d done it to him, but for the time being his attention clung to something else. The other boy had spoken his name. The other one recognized him. That alone had his lips dropping back down over his teeth and his fur flattening back out some, but not entirely. He’d brought Xan out of defense mode just long enough for him to get a good look at him, to see who exactly the other boy was—Leo.

“You look terrible,” the elder pointed out, a smug tone taking hold of his voice. He had never liked the sand-coloured child, having always believed he was out to steal his mother from him. Now, however, he didn’t care. He could have her. She’d always liked him better, anyways. The good boy who didn’t cause any trouble, being quite the opposite of the young albino. “What happened to you? Did you try to make yourself at home with another family, and end up being rejected by them?” Though he felt Leo could go ahead and take Scarlett, that he could have her without a fight, he could not keep the bitterness he felt from seeping into his voice. His instincts nagged at him, encouraging him to jump the other child and show him who was in charge as he’d done so long ago, but he refrained from doing so. He kept his paws glued to the ground, tail raised and head up. He no longer had a mother to protect, and yet there was still something about the lion that unsettled him. “What are you doing here?” Alexander questioned suddenly, gaze narrowing into a look of suspicion. Maybe he’d planned to bump into the pale coated boy. As ludicrous as the seemed, even to Xan, he couldn’t help but consider it.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
When Xan turned and bared his teeth at the boy, Leo jump back. He was still frightened from the last encounter with a wolf. He was in no shape or form to be getting in a scuttle. He only started to relax when the pale boy stopped his snarl and uttered his words in the smug tone he always remembered. "I know," he muttered, feeling weak and broken.

Xan's next words angered him a bit. His lip twitched, threatening to turn into a snarl, though that didn't happen. He couldn't bring himself to do that. No matter how much Xan could dislike him, he was still family to him. Better than his biological family at the very least. "No. Some wolf attacked me for no reason." That was a lie. It was for a reason and he knew it well. But why did he have to be the 'chosen one'?

"I decided to take a walk outside of our lands. When I was out there was some random wolf and he attacked me. I had to run away, but it wasn't easy. He broke my paw." Leo lifted his shattered paw, just to prove a point. He had no idea how he would get back home. He didn't know where he was or how far his home was. Who knows what was lurking around the corners.

Leo couldn't help but sniff the other's fur, noticing the familiar scent. "You live Blackfeather now? I used to live there too, but I didn't like it. I liked Bearclaw better." It was much brighter there, with more nicer wolves. It was not like the dark confines of Blackfeather and defiantly not like the Haunted Wood. "Why aren't you with Scarlett and the others?"
”the voices”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Witnessing the younger boy jump back in response to his initial reaction, Xan couldn’t help but feel proud of himself. A grin found its way onto his face, but it lived a short life as it was replaced but a faint frown. The corners of his lips were turned down ever so slightly, easily able to go unnoticed if one didn’t pay close enough attention. The response had been muttered, rather than spoken loudly. He didn’t know what to make of the boy just yet, whether his original views on his existence would alter or not. Then there came another response, informing the albino that his assumption had been incorrect. For no reason, huh? A part of him wanted to call him out for lying, but those thoughts died away quickly. Leo was the “good boy”, the one everyone preferred to be around. For him to do something severe enough to be attacked and left in his current condition was unfathomable. It just couldn’t happen. “Who would do that?” he asked, wondering, briefly, who in their right mind would have the desire to damage the child in such a way. It was supposed to be wolves like Alexander who were treated in that manner, not those who could do no harm. Not those like the child he’d despised for such a long time.

Xan listened as he was told about what had happened. A random wolf had attacked him, apparently. Most likely a loon, the Inuit decided. To attack a kid for any reason was wrong, but to do it for no reason at all… well, that was downright certifiable. Perking his ears up at the mention of a broken paw, he found his eyes being drawn towards it. The foot looked mangled, completely unusable unless someone held the desire to be physically tortured just by walking. “Looks like it hurts,” he commented, examining the injury for a few extra seconds, then looking back to the younger’s face. “You need someone to fix that.” An adult, maybe. He didn’t know of anyone who could help, aside from Meldresi, but he wasn’t yet ready to see the woman. Besides, Leo wasn’t apart of Blackfeather, so he wasn’t allowed within their borders.

The ghostly whelp’s eyes narrowed in on Leo at the mention of the woods, suspicion easily seen in his gaze. You lived in Blackfeather?” he questioned, disbelief practically dripping from his words. “How were you in Blackfeather? You’re nothing like anyone I’ve met there.” Though he’d mostly been met with kindness thus far, there was a vibe surrounding the woods and its inhabitants that he just didn’t feel when around the sandy wolf. Then again, his statement of liking the valley better revealed it all. He wasn’t meant for the dark, is all. There came the question soon after. The same query he’d been hoping wouldn’t be asked. “Because they’re traitors,” he announced, ice seeping into his tone. For once, his irritation was not directed at his adopted brother Leo, but was for none other than the members of his blood family. “Mother thinks Raziel is dead, so she said she was leaving Bearclaw. We were all left to choose who we’d go with, and I chose my dad. Everyone else—Desna, Sesi, and even Nanook—chose that woman.” Beneath all the anger in his voice, there lived the hurt he kept hidden away. They’d left without so much as a glance backwards. They weren’t nice wolves.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
His question he could give no answer to. It didn't make sense. Why was he to be punished for a crime he did not commit? The dark male's actions were actions of a coward to him. At the end of the day, Leo did nothing wrong. It wasn't like he wanted to stay at the Haunted Wood, he was forced to. If he left, where would he go. BCV had disbanded and BFW despised his family now (though he did not know the two facts). Everything bad that had happened to him was Lusa's fault. He hated her for that.

He nodded at Xan's next words. "Yes. It does." He had never felt pain like this before. Never. It was unbearable. "There is no one back at home who can fix it, he replied. He had yet to meet someone in the pack that had healer smarts. They could really use a healer actually.

The snow coated boy seemed surprised at the fact Leo was born in Blackfeather. He didn't blame him though. "You're right. I didn't fit in with Blackfeather, that's why I liked Bearclaw so much. My mother and father used to live there and they fit in perfectly." He sighed, wishing he could be like everyone else for a change. "I'm just... different."

Leo's eyes widened at Xan's bitterness towards his question. He was even more surprised at his story. "That's terrible Xan. Why would she do that? Couldn't your dad lead Bearclaw?" He didn't see why not. Kove seemed good enough to care for other wolves.

He was pulled away from the thoughts when he heard the voices once more. You see, your adoptive family left Xan. What makes you think they would still love you? He growled, shaking his head to get them out of his mind. Dull eyes looked up at the other, fear in them once again. "D-did you hear that?", he asked. Maybe there were others who can hear too. Or maybe he was just going mad, which he was.
”the voices”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The pain the other boy felt was something Xan could not even begin to imagine. To have ones bone broken in such a manner, to the point where it looked as if it'd been mangled, sounded terrible. He’d been a careful child for the majority of his life, more or less, so an injury of that magnitude was something he’d yet to experience—and might never. The most he’d ever received was nips of correction, which he’d despised, along with the more recent bruise on his side. Given the size of his attacker, his bones could have very easily been broken, and yet he’d left without anything of serious proportions. A bruise, no matter how large, was nothing in comparison to the fracturing of a bone. And to hear that he knew of no one capable of fixing it was concerning, as much as the Inuit hated to admit to feeling such a thing. With his anger towards Scarlett, he no longer had an issue with the lion boy, and probably owed him for all he’d put him through back then. “Why don’t you go somewhere else?” the elder questioned, tone signaling he viewed the situation as having an easy fix. “If there’s no healers at your new home, then it probably isn’t worth hanging around at. The first time something bad happens, you’ll be lucky if you survive. There’s plenty of other places out there.”

For him, the idea of leaving it all was a simple thing to go about doing. If a place put you in life-threatening danger, the only logical thing to do would be to leave. Simple as that. He was tempted to suggest Blackfeather right away, but held himself back for a bit. It was true, the younger just didn’t appear to fit in there. He was soft and easily pushed around, from what Xan could remember. There’s no doubt he’d end up at the bottom of the food chain in the dark woods—but still, even that seemed better than wherever he was currently staying at. “You’re really different,” the pale child announced, agreeing with his words. “Blackfeather might be better for you than where you’re currently living, though. There’s wolves there who could probably help you out with your paw, and teach you how to be better.” Better, but not the best. That spot was reserved for Alexander, and he’d make sure that was known if the need ever arose. “If you come back to the woods, you could learn to fight. You could get payback on whoever attacked you,” Xan added, attempting to coax the other whelp into making a decision. Perhaps he’d even look out for the other boy, share his lessons with him. Maybe it was the absence of his sisters that led him to want to look out for the sandy wolf. His "older-brother-instincts" had been tapped into, and then his siblings had left with his mother. Somehow, seeing the smaller lupine and remembering what he’d put him through had led to his instincts, once again, being revved to life.

Alexander shrugged, then, a trace of his irritation still lingering in his gaze. “She did it because she isn’t nice,” he stated, not missing a beat. “She acts nice, but she isn’t. Dad called her a monster, and he wouldn’t lie to us, so it has to be true. She proved that by leaving.” Throughout his parents’ entire argument, he and his sister had been there, listening to the words that were thrown. The idea of his dad leading a pack was something he enjoyed imagining, but Kove had been unable to. “There was no one left to lead,” Xan informed him. “They either went along with her, or they weren’t around at all. Everyone left. The valley was empty.” It had been a terrible thing. He didn’t know where they’d gone, or why they had left, but the fact still stood that they were gone. They’d been gone before the pack had even met its downfall, so perhaps they’d been aware of the storm that was brewing. Maybe they’d gotten out just in time, not wanting to be caught in the middle of a battle between parents. That was just a theory, though, and one that Xan had yet to share with anyone. Besides, how could they have possibly known what was to come?

When a growl sounded, the Inuit glanced around, only to find that it’d come from Leo. He quirked an invisible eyebrow at that, silently questioning his actions, but that expression fell away when the younger looked up. Fear was evident in the child’s eyes, forcing a look of concern onto the small ghosts face. Hearing his question, Xan perked his ears up and turned his head some, listening to the area around them. Being met with nothing, his attention was returned to the other. At first, he thought he might have been trying to mess with him, but after seeing the fearful look again, those thoughts were forgotten. The expression was authentic, that was for sure. “I didn’t hear anything,” he answered, watching with careful eyes. “Maybe it came from inside your head.” Though he knew nothing of schizophrenia, he did understand the existence of a conscious. While he found it odd Leo could not tell his inner voice from an outside voice, he didn’t say anything about it. The lion was younger than himself, after all, so there was bound to be things the elder knew that he didn’t. Too bad his assumption wasn’t even right.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Leaving the Haunted Wood? That was something the boy had never thought about. Maybe he should just leave. It wasn't a great place for him to live anyways. With the Redhawk wolves roaming around, he was in great danger. They would most likely kill him first, and he got the scars to prove it. But where would he go? He didn't know a lot of packs and where they were located. And who would let a youngster into their ranks with no good reason?

The sound of payback sounded sweet. That was a word that he thought would never be something he wanted, but now it sounded really tempting. Besides, Blackfeather was better than where he was now, not the best, but better. "You think Burke would let me?", he asked, thinking of how the brute didn't exactly enjoy his presence. But hey, that was only one wolf, and he could prove his worthiness. Being with Xan would also be a great thing.

Leo felt disappointed in the things said of Scarlett. Somewhat betrayed of the fact. She seemed to have loved her family, why give that up? He had went through that by choosing either Scarlett or Lusa, and he made a terrible choice. Or was it even a choice to be made?

He lowered his head when the other boy said he couldn't hear and it was in his head. "Yeah. Maybe," he mumbled. It truly was in his head, but to him it felt to real. The voices seemed to come in different places and different lengths. It was like he was in an everlasting nightmare, but he really wasn't. He just had a different thought process.

Wanting to change the subject, Leo looked back to Xan with a bit of hope. "Maybe I can go back to Blackfeather? I don't like it where I live now. There are wolves there who want to kill me and my siblings." Now that they had an owl on board, they were in more danger, though Leo had yet to find out.
”the voices”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Truth be told, Xan had no idea who Burke was. He had never officially met him, and his dad hadn’t really said much about him. By the way the lion child spoke of him, as if he had a say in whether or not a wolf was permitted to join the pack, he was brought to the conclusion that the wolf who’d bruised his side was Burke. He had mentioned the den as belonging to the Alpha, but that didn’t make sense. Meldresi was the Queen, possessing an honourable title, and being ranked way higher than any alpha out there. The elder waved the question off, frowning slightly. “Who cares if he wants to let you or not?” the child stated. “The Queen gets the final say, right? I’m sure she’d make this ‘Burke’ guy let you join again.” With a price, perhaps, but that wasn’t important at the moment. Things would work out in the end—they had to.

The Inuit watched the younger lower his head, mumbling once again. “Quit mumbling,” he said, a demand in his tone. Speak up. You can’t act like that if you want to get revenge someday.” No, he had to be bold and stand out. To fight for himself, take control of his life. Alexander would teach him the best he could, and if that failed, he’d just teach him to act that way. He assumed it would be easy, especially since the eldest aimed to be the best. The best would have no problems teaching someone else skills, and so he was determined to accomplish whatever was necessary of him. He was pulled from his set thoughts by Leo’s voice, and responded with a nod. “If you don’t like it, then return to Blackfeather,” he advised, once again using a tone that signaled how simple he viewed it all to be. The most that they’d have to worry about is his parents or siblings coming after him—actually, not even that would be worth worrying over. If training started early enough, then there was no doubt that Leo would be able to stand up for himself.

“Your siblings or others might try to find you,” Xan pointed out, pausing for a brief moment after. “But I doubt they will. If they do, we can send them back to whatever crummy place they came from.” At that, he grinned, confidence never ceasing to shine from the child. He was certain he could fend off anyone, and if it just so happened he couldn’t… well, his dad was only ever a howl away. He suspected even Nemesis would aid him, despite his constant need to bug her. “So are you coming with me?” They’d spoken of his return to the woods, but a definite answer on what decision he’d make had not been given. Alexander wanted to know what would be happening, if he’d return alone or with another wolf at his side.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Leo became a little confused when the other told him the Queen has the final say. He wasn't taught about Meldresi's culture so he didn't know what Xan meant by Queen. But not wanting to look stupid he nodded. He hoped Xan was right about this.

He stood up straighter when Xan told him he couldn't act the way he did if he wanted revenge. That was true. No one would take him seriously if he was acting like a coward. He needed to become stronger and have more confidence in himself, starting now.

Leo was happy to hear the suggestion from the other boy. He should return to Blackfeather. It wasn't anything like Bearclaw, but it was much better than where he was now. He was more familiar with the wolves there too. Sure, they may be better than him, but they were still family. More better than his own family, who had put him in danger. Thinking about this only fueled the fire of returning.

The wolves back at the Haunted Wood would certainty try to find him, or at least that's what he thought. There was still a chance he would be forgotten. With all the drama going on, Lusa may just give up on him. She doesn't love me, a voice called, finding this time it was his own. That was a relief. He looked back towards the Wood, an angered frown on his face. He didn't need them. They didn't love him as much as precious Peridot and Baldur, no. He had made his decision. He turned back towards Xan. "Lead the way," he said, his voice mixed with a bit of happiness and some anger.
”the voices”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Minor PPing of them leaving. Can edit if you'd like~

The change in the younger’s posture did not go unnoticed by Xan. He was glad he’d been listened to, and that the other was at least trying to change. For the better, too, no doubt. He’d watch over him, secretly, to keep track of his development. Already, he could see him becoming something else—someone far better than the sand-coloured child he’d picked on so long ago. Though he liked the change, he told himself he’d need to watch carefully. He had to make sure he gained the confidence needed to succeed, but not the ego that would make him challenge the Inuit. No, that was something the elder boy would not stand for. He’d put him right back in his place if such a thing ever happened. Those were worries for another day, though, so he tucked them away safely in his mind. He would not forget the words of his conscious, nor would be hold back when it came to enforcing them.

Alexander kept still as the lion glanced in another direction. He did not know what—or who—resided there for sure, but he had a sneaking suspicion that it was the wolves who’d left him open for an attack. A bunch of fools, really. They didn’t even have a healer of their own. When Leo looked back at him, the expression and his tone said more than his words ever could. Grinning, he took a few steps in the direction of the woods, before tossing a glance over his shoulder. “Come on,” he voiced, turning his face forward once more just as the final word left his mouth. “Let me know if you get tired, or if you need help walking.” He wasn’t about to make him suffer through the entire journey. With that, they were off, the young ghost leading the way back to the dark woods.