Blackfeather Woods blood ran cold
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
@Xan @Burke Set at the borders. Minor PP of Xan's walking, PM me if you want to edit :)

The little lion had limped by Xan's side the whole way to Blackfeather. As they traveled along, thoughts flowed into the young boy's head. Had it been a good idea to follow the snowy wolf back? What if Burke didn't want him there? What would Lusa say if she knew he betrayed her? The last thought was shaken out of his head. Why should he care for her anymore? She never gave anything to him. He didn't owe anything to that women.

As they neared the familiar darkness of the wood, a small shiver went down his spine. It still had that same mysterious and scary vibe to it. Such and unsettling feeling. Some of the wolves in it were even more unsettling. He did not wish to meet the two males who kidnapped his brother and he certainty wasn't ready to see Burke again. But he wasn't ready to face his family either. This place was the best the child could live.

When they stepped onto the border, Leo lay down on his side, feeling rather winded. Walking with a broken paw proved to be a challenge. He couldn't wait 'till the pain was over.
”the voices”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It’s all good. c:

The journey home had definitely taken longer than what it had to reach the prairie in the first place. Xan hadn’t allowed for himself to just run ahead, since he’d needed to ensure his companion didn’t get tripped up or fall behind. So despite his nagging want to just sprint the rest of the length to the dark woods, he restrained himself from doing so. The Inuit kept close to Leo’s side, letting him lean against him whenever it was necessary. It was a strange sensation that came with helping another out—neither positive nor negative, but solely neutral. He wasn’t sure if he liked it, so he tried to subdue it as often as he could. Over and over, he’d inwardly repeat that he was doing it for himself, and that was all. Admitting to assisting the other child for any reason other than a selfish one was impossible for him to do, even to himself. Prideful, he was, though often at times overly so.

When the silhouette of the shadow-filled forest was well within view, the Apaata boy’s paws tingled with the sudden urge to bolt. He liked the forest, and would share that detail with anyone who bothered to ask. It put him at ease, usually, and the lack of light always felt wonderful when it came to his eyes. Still, in spite of that, he kept himself moving at a pace slow enough to keep him by the younger boy’s side. It seemed as if they were going slower, then, with the woods so close yet not quite there. He was relieved when they finally touched base with the borders, happy to be home. For a moment, he let Leo just lay there and rest, knowing well that his paw had to be bugging him. Making such a journey would be difficult for an adult, and since he was merely a child, that difficulty was surely increased tenfold.

After his own breathing had returned to normal, he moved towards the lion and nudged his back slightly. “Sit up,” he encouraged, knowing that the first impression made was always important. He had to show his interest in the woods, despite how tired he may be. “Hold your paw up a bit to keep your weight off of it.” For a second or two longer, he watched him to ensure he did as he was told. Then, wanting to reenter his home as soon as possible, he faced the shadows and let out a howl. It was short and high pitched, letting it be known to all who heard that he was far from being an adult. Nevertheless, he was sure his call would be answered, as it was one meant to summon a leading force. With that out of the way, he moved back and stood beside Leo, awaiting the arrival of whoever was made to answer.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was out on a quick patrol, and boy was he glad that he did that. Because he was soon notified by a howl. It wasn't long until he heard the chirp of young voices. He frowned because the only voice he should hear was Xan's, not another high voice. Burke was running with the wind so he didn't smell them right away. Instantly the big male charged forward. He did not allow any strangers close to their border and Chevalier was almost over it. Damn it, Lusa, and her young. Burke instantly shoved him back not caring about his injury, his teeth bared. "You don't belong with us anymore, scam. Go back to your parents," he snapped. 

The large male glanced at Xan because he wasn't sure what his deal was. The pale pup wasn't in good graces with Burke and for Xan it was probably vice versa. The weird eyes reminded him of Scarlett and the boy howling for him with Chevalier by his side wasn't something that he liked seeing. He didn't realize the two must know each other from the time that Chevalier was in BCV. He didn't know if Scarlett kept Chevalier with her own young. Burke was not going to accept any spawn from Grimnir and Lusa in his pack. They were both traitors. He gave her all that advise with the promise she would come to him when she could leave. She had not. Burke hated wolves that didn't keep their promises. Add the fact that Grimnir was sick in his head with all the voices he was hearing. Burke bared his teeth, dangerously close to Chevalier.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Leo was in no mode to stand up, but when Xan told him to he obeyed. He did look to him as the greatest brother, no matter what. He did not wish to look weak in front of the other.

His howl rung in the air, and Leo awaited for a response. He could feel his tail twitch behind him every so often. It was strange to be here again. Last time he despised this wood, but now he was able to embrace it.

The little lion wasn't too happy to see Burke coming from the shadows. He got the response he assumed would happened: getting a shove and being told to leave. But too his parents? He refused to do so. He hated them now just like they did him. They don't need a whelp like him around.

Leo backed up at the show of Burke's teeth. He felt afraid again, but it soon diminished. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes before opening them, looking towards Burke. It was in no challenging way nor submissive way. Neutral was all the eyes held. "I don't want to go back to those traitors. They hate me so I hate them too. I want to stay here, where I won't feel betrayed." He glanced over to Xan, then back to Burke. "I didn't even want to go in the first place," he exclaimed, though that was a little lie, "Lusa forced me to come and I wanted to stay, Burke. I don't want to go back."
”the voices”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The time in which they’d needed to wait was not long. The scent came first, followed by the thundering of paws against the cold ground, before the beast finally made an appearance. Immediately, Xan’s fur bristled and his eyes narrowed, blunt claws digging into the ground as he braced for impact—but it never came. Instead, the brute went past him, aiming for the injured child instead. He witnessed the smaller boy being shoved backwards, and was momentarily relieved that he was not the one at the receiving end of the wrecking ball this time around. Still, the feeling only lasted for a short amount of time, before it was chased away by his usual bit of irritation. The Inuit’s ears perked up as he heard what both parties had to say, but remained near the lion child. His eyes were glued to the grey man, narrowed and attentive. He wasn’t about to be rammed into again, he’d make sure of that.

“Whatever pack he was taken to sucks,” Xan stated, having to add to what was being said. “Leo listens, he’ll guard the woods.” He glanced over at his companion, though the look was quick. The other boy wanted to learn how to fight, to defend himself, so of course he’d do well to fend intruders off from Blackfeather. Not currently, perhaps, because who would take a kid seriously in that type of situation, but the future was always closer than one believed it to be. Even if, at some point, he decided to leave the woods, it wouldn’t matter. He’d have served his time fighting for the darkness, and that was all Alexander believed to matter. “He could probably tell you about wherever he was at before, too,” he added, looking over at Leo as he spoke.Right? In the albino’s mind, it didn’t seem logical to protect a place you hated. Even if the younger’s siblings were still there, Xan didn’t think that would be enough to keep him quiet. He’d chosen to leave them, after all, so nothing was holding him back.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke's face was stoic and giving nothing away. He didn't believe any of his words. Burke was very distrustful lately and the kid could be told anything. He could even see Grimnir breaking his child's own paw just to make it believable and let him be a spy. "Too bad, you aren't getting in," he pointed out almost casually. But then Xan had to join in and give his unwanted opinion. Burke's face turned into a scowl. "Shut your mouth, Pipsqueak, your opinion wasn't asked. If you protest one more time you can join him in exile. Your father said you weren't stupid, so know when you keep your mouth shut. Once you prove yourself your opinion will be asked," he stated.

His pale eyes turned to the broken pup in front of him. "Your father is sick in his head with his voices. Your mother doesn't even know how to care for children and doesn't have any manners. She treated me like dirt. You have a broken paw, you will only eat our food that is meant for my children and lay around for 6 weeks still your paw is healed. To heal a broken paw you will need our herbs and healers. You don't mean anything to me. You are broken and too young to even be an asset. You will leave right now or I will put you down right here and leave your body to rot for other wolves as a warning sign not to trespass," he stated coldly. Killing the boy might be the best thing instead of letting him live his miserable life. He would probably kill himself with parents like Lusa and Grimnir.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
His ears flattened on his skull and he frowned with disappointment. He didn't want to go back home at all. He wished to stay here where he wouldn't be a target. To go back home would be a death sentence. He stood up straighter when Burke spoke to Xan. Why did he have to be so cruel to youngsters? It just didn't make since to him.

His mouth ever so slightly turned into a snarl, too small to be noticeable. It was concealed quickly though. "Why are you blaming me for something my mother and father did?!" It seemed lately that everyone wanted to blame him for crimes he didn't commit. He dug one paw into the earth below with frustration and disappointment. "Don't make me go back! I can't go back! I want to be loyal to you not them. I'll prove myself worthy, you'll see! I won't be a problem. I can learn to hunt and fight." He took his paw from the ground, shaking the dirt off.  "Please. I'm nothing but a target there. I already got attacked for something my mother did. I just want to start over. I don't want to be living in my mom and dad's shadows."
”the voices”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
In a way, Xan felt as if he’d been in a similar situation before. It was always the grey wolves. Every single time they appeared, the young Inuit was filled with a great sense of anger. Those who were lighter in colour weren’t usually too bad, but the darker grey lupines always seemed to know how to push his buttons. Burke was no exception to this theoretical rule, either. The second the child heard the word ‘pipsqueak’, his ears pushed forward and his glare intensified, a quiet growl vibrating within his throat. SiutikKutujok,” the boy huffed, tone practically overflowing with conviction. Though he did not understand the full extent of what he’d said, he’d heard his father use it before. Recalling the situation in which he’d said it, and how he’d said it, lead the pale child to believe that it would work to convey what he wished to get across.

It took every ounce of his willpower to restrain himself from scoffing. He felt the younger was being treated unfairly—and he should know, all things considered. To be held accountable for the actions of one’s parents was, in simple terms, borderline moronic. Every living thing that is driven by a beating heart belongs to no one but themselves. They can be judged only for their own actions, and be viewed only on the stage they’ve set for themselves. To handle things in any other way, well… it was something Xan could describe as being nothing short of unreasonable. “I’ll look after him until his paw is healed,” Alexander stated, gaze still set into a hard glare. Of course, he didn’t know squat about how to use herbs, but he could at least catch food for him. Maybe even Nemesis could help, or at least he hoped he’d be able to convince her to. Whether she possessed any skills as a healer or not, he didn’t know, but it couldn’t hurt to ask. Little did he know that the elder might not be the hugest fan of Lusa’s children.

“If you don’t like his parents,” the boy started, the wheels in his mind never ceasing to spin. “Then look at this as an opportunity to get back at them. They’ll probably think Leo was killed if they follow his trail to wherever he was attacked, but think of what would happen if he showed up once he’s older and completely loyal to Blackfeather—to you.” He paused, taking a moment to allow for his words to sink in. It was like he was telling one of his stories, but instead of tales of fantasy, it was a plot to harm wolves he did not even know. Not knowing them made it that much easier, however, because he would not feel remorse for a stranger. “That would hurt them emotionally or even mentally… right?” Emotional wounds. Something that only time could heal, and even then there was no guarantee a scar would not remain.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke bared his teeth at the child with the broken paw. He wanted to grab the child and fling him away from the borders. Maybe that would make his neck snap. He was going after his instinct and he didn't want any other children around his own. Xan already had been a problem he was just lucky that Meldresi went against him for once. He didn't see what she saw in Xan. He saw an annoying arrogant squirt. This broken one was no exception. "I really don't care if you live or die," he snapped. "Why don't you go to your other mother Scarlett. She takes in broken children. We don't." Burke was pretty fed up with the child but then Xan had to join in. He said that he would evict him too if he didn't keep his mouth shut. Apparently the kid Xan was stupid. Burke was going to end this right now. He didn't want Xan but he was protected. He wasn't going to create a crack in his relationship with Meldresi because of that pup. 

"I don't need to get back to them, plus if I let their child die then I don't loose food on something that couldn't be helped anyways. I remember Lusa saying that you hated it here. Something doesn't add up and you are not getting in this pack," he snarled. If he didn't have a broken paw then here maybe was a 5% change but now it was even less than zero. Burke charged forward and now he did try and grab the pup. It wasn't that hard to grab a non-moving target right? If he managed to get the pup between his jaws he would fling him a few meters away from the border Chevalier was on. "Let lost. You are not wanted here, whatever your intentions are. Meldresi and anyone else in this pack doesn't want anything to do with you and your family. Now go before I do murder you," he snarled. He wasn't going to tell the pup this but Meldresi place a curse on all of them and it seemed to be working. They weren't going to take in a cursed one. 

Burke made sure to block Xan's path to Chevalier. The pup would need to get out of here quick if he wanted to jump away from death. Burke kept his eyes on both pups because he wasn't going to let Xan go to the other. He spoke to Xan; "We only care for our own. Chevalier is not. Learn that. I don't appreciate you talking back to me. I am serious about what I say. If you don't see me as your leader then it is very simple, you will leave. I don't care if Kove is in this pack but then you ruin what he wants badly. Don't you think that he would follow you if you get evicted? He came to me that he wanted to be a part of this pack and do everything to get accepted again, so far you aren't helping your dearest dad. He already lost part of your family and now you are going to make things even more difficult for your dad? Kove sees us as family and it is time you will need to do that too. Are you going to ruin what your father wants badly and make your old man even more miserable?," he questioned to the pale pup. If he would go to Chevalier now then Burke wouldn't hesitate to have both gone. He have Xan an ultimatum to harden him. His father or Chevalier. Simple. He doubted anyone could win from Kove in Xan's eyes.

Chev, I tried keeping the PP down for you. Especially with Burke picking him up and flinging him away etc. So feel free to dodge that. BUT, I do need to warn you, Burke only warns once. If Chevalier doesn't go away from the border Burke will kill him. Burke is very aggressive and territorial even more now with his newborn children, and I am not going out of character. He will kill.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
There was no use in convincing the male, that was a fact. When Burke told him he should go back to Scarlett, it's when his teeth really became noticeable. "She's gone!" If he knew where Scarlett was he might have went to her. But he had no clue.

When Burke came to grab him, Leo quickly jumped out of the way, something that the man had taught him. The manuver baught more pain onto his paw, making him wince. Now he did need to leave. The lion ignored the brute's words, not wanting to hear any of it. "I can't beleive you would blame me for something I didn't do," he hissed between bared teeth. No one could be trusted anymore to him. He looked over to Xan, who was blocked by the grey male. "Bye Xan," he called, his tone sad. He really wished he could stay with his adopted brother, but Burke was standing in the way. Where would he go now?

The whelp turned around and limped away, the woods slowly dissapearing behind him. He couldn't go back home, because he didn't know where to go and he didn't wish to see Lusa again. At this time he didn't know what to do.

-Chevalier exits
”the voices”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
At the mention of his mother’s name, the child’s fur bristled. The words were not directed towards him, but towards the other boy. He knew that not to be possible, and it seemed Leo did, too. Neither knew where the woman was—or rather, no one knew where she was. No one he could speak with, anyways. Xan had a direction, and that was it. A direction that could stretch on for miles on end without presenting even a sliver of evidence that the albino had been there. Had he known where the lady was, perhaps he would have led the younger whelp there right away. He didn’t want to see his mother, but he knew she would take the lion back in. She liked him, after all, which gave her no reason to turn him away. That couldn’t happen, though, given his lack of knowledge concerning her whereabouts, and clearly the grey wolf was going to be of no help. Of course he wouldn’t help. It wasn’t in their nature.

The boy’s glare refused to let up, especially after the beast had stepped between himself and the sandy wolf. “Leo could have been one of our own,” he argued, reluctant to let the discussion be dropped right then and there. He did not view the male as a leader of any sort, just some guard who resided near Meldresi’s place of rest. Every time he’d been told of the woods, he’d been told of it being led by a Queen. That the dark woman who’d met him and his father at the borders was his leader, not some guy from within the pack. Because of that, he did not—could not—view the older wolf as being the ruler. Those thoughts remained unspoken, however, as more and more words continued to leave Burke’s mouth. Alexander knew he couldn’t pick Leo over his dad. Kove was the only real family he had left. The others had left them, leaving father and son alone to journey through the Wilds. His body became stiff at the idea of being the reason the elder Inuit would have to leave his home. The place he’d spoken highly of and had undoubtedly missed. He couldn’t do it. He couldn’t be the one to do that, not to the parent who had stayed while everyone else took their own paths.

Xan’s eyes trailed past the larger wolf, meeting the face of his adopted brother. Bringing him to the woods was meant to be an act of kindness, the only thing he’d ever actually done for the younger. Things had turned sour right from the start, though, and had quickly led up to yet another farewell. “Bye, Leo,” he returned, strange eyes trailing after his departing form. Soon after, they were back on the dust-coloured man, narrowed into slits. “You aren’t my family,” he announced then. “My dad might see it that way, but I don’t.” Not as of yet, anyways. He was still reeling over the loss of his actual family, Leo included, and didn’t yet possess the capacity to allow another familial presence into his life. He didn’t want to let them in, to see them that way, certain they would leave just as his mother and sisters had done the moment he did. With that bit of information let out into the open, Alexander turned and headed off into the woods, not waiting to hear what else the adult might’ve had to say. At that point, he just wanted to be with Kove.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
At least the young pup was sensible. Burke's cold heart didn't feel anything as he basically wished the pup a horrible death. Xan didn't agree with him, which would be the second strike against the alpha. Burke was not pleased. Frankly Burke was pissed. One more strike, one more strike and he would throw the pup out. Maybe even drown him himself in the lake. That would be murder but that was how annoyed the alpha was. Burke wasn't even going to react to the child. He was not going against him since the child would just keep going. 

Burke hoped that his own son wouldn't be as annoying as Xan was. Then he realized that Meldresi and him were better than Kove and that Scarlett. Burke ignored the pup, watching over the border that he was certain that this Chevalier wasn't returning to their borders to be smuggled inside by that squirt of a Xan. Burke watched the pale monster set off into the woods. Burke guarded the border for a good hour before he was certain that both pups went their own way. The alpha male snorted loudly. He was going to keep an eye on Kove and Xan just so he could kick them out as soon as possible. Maybe it was terrible to think but he actually hoped Xan would ruin it for Kove just so he would be released from both the annoying pale figures.

-END THREAD-