Firestone Hot Springs Not the kid you think I am
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The whimper that'd come from within the boys throat had not gone unnoticed. It'd made her a bit more cautious, though she knew she could not be. That was a luxury they could not afford, as it could prove detrimental to the health of the child—who was now in her care, and therefore her responsibility. It was something she didn't mind, in all honesty, but it meant she could not be worrying every second while looking after him. Her mind needed to remain clear, to be absent of any and all thoughts that might lead her to believe a different approach was better. Anything less than her current action would be unacceptable, she knew, and never would she allow for the boy to meet death while under her care. Draco looked out for all, even those who did not believe or know of his existence, and to witness the death of anyone couldn't possibly bring him joy. Asterr respected the dragon far too much to allow him to be engulfed in sorrow. Aside from that, she also found herself to have already grown attached to the boy, perhaps because she'd been traveling alone for longer than ever before, and his appearance would change that.

His hunger was soon made known, and she responded with a nod. "Alright," the Draconid voiced, stepping from the pool and then looking down at her new ward. "Stay in the water. It'll keep the dirt from reentering your wounds, and should help you relax." A few scenarios of what could happen arose in her mind, making her glance worridly at him once more. Walking off a short distance, she retrieved a stone and placed it in the water, moving it close to where his back legs were stationed. "Don't go past this, okay? I will be right back." After tossing him a few more looks, wishing to ensure the child was currently safe, she set off. The water that clung to her fur did well to hide her scent, and her light steps made her presence practically unknown. It was something of a talent, really, the way she moved. A talent that would prove beneficial.

Now, Asterr was still unfamiliar with the land she was in. She knew nothing of the types of prey that it held, aside from the obvious—and that was all she currently needed. Small game was ideal, after all, since she was only one wolf. So, that was what she focused on tracking, nose working overtime to pick up on any scent she could find. Just when she thought it was of no use, a fragrance she knew well graced her with its presence. Within seconds, the svelte girl was off, her existence becoming something that could easily be missed if not noticed from the start. The water in her coat assisted her in the hunt, and shortly there after, the kill had been made. From her jaws there hung a muskrat, it's limp body nice and plump. When she was certain it was dead, she returned to her previous location, easily relocating the child. Asterr closed the distance left between them quickly, setting the small mammal down close to the waters edge. She then moved around him, helping Chevalier leave the warm pool and brought him closer to the creature. Though thought to be a myth by some, she did not wish to risk the chance of his stomach cramping up from the combination of the meal and being in water. Watching him, she laid down, motioning for the younger to dig in whenever he wished. She waited a moment, then, before asking: "What is your name, hatchling?" It was most likely strange to hear a wolf refer to a whelp as a 'hatchling', of all things, but with that being the way she was raised, it was the title she was used to.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 18, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 18, 2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 18, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 18, 2015, 06:06 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 18, 2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 18, 2015, 11:34 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 20, 2015, 06:06 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 21, 2015, 01:04 AM