Jade Fern Grove did you ever see such a sight in your life
162 Posts
Ooc — Kris
All Welcome 
He was, perhaps, obsessed now, in a way he had not been before. He had resigned to never taking another trade, feeling that he was incapable of anything but what he had been born with, his preternatural healing know how. When he was awake, he combed for plants, and in this way also started to learn the territory anew. It was an amalgamation of scent, sound, and touch now. Landmarks were not prominent things for the eyes to hold, they were subtleties: a specific patch of herbs, the holes in the bark of a tree drilled by woodpeckers, and the choir of the animals that occupied specific niches within their home. He was learning, he was habituating. It was, as said before, the resilience of youth, but also the will of the wild animal to survive.

He needed a den. Not in which to sleep so much, but a secure, dry place to store his herbs. He remembered brushing past a rock ledge down by the stream, and sought it out on this morning. His paws roamed a path left by his packmates, he knew it by the scent left on it, and by the smoothness of ground that had been trodden. Perhaps this ledge held a small cave. He made his way along the path, his steps slow and purposeful. He paused every so often to listen, and to assure himself that he was where he believed himself to be.
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Allure had not strayed far from home since the incident, but as each day passed, the black and white girl felt more purpose in her age.. and was set to become either an outrider, warden, warrior or hunter. All held an air of appeal to her -- and so the girl determined it was time to work towards these things.

Her steps were light as she traipsed through the grove that day. She wasn't searching for anyone in particular, yet when Swift's familiar form came to view, she paused, ears flickering forward as she studied her brother remorsefully. The world was not a fair place -- it had proven as such when her brother's had become so dark, and inciting a gentle yip so as to not scare him, the girl maneuvered closer, attempting to sidle alongside her littermate and nose him graciously. "Swift," she greeted, hoping to keep the topic light. "What're ya up to?"
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
162 Posts
Ooc — Kris
His sister yipped to him, causing an ear to turn back to her, and his pause to come into his steps. It may come to bother him later, but for now, as he transitioned from a world of sight to a world without, he appreciated his family's efforts to make their presences known to him. Allure came to his side, and he waved his tail, turning to nose her back and managing only to clumsily prod her cheek with his snout. He exhaled audibly as he turned back, feeling heat upon his ears for his inability to perform a simple action. Her question made an easy 'out' for him, and he answered readily.

"I need to find a cave," he said. "I think there might be one down by the stream, along the rock ledges. I need a place to put herbs." There was a streak of stubbornness in him that wanted to do this on his own, but he could not turn his sister away after she had spent so much time at his side, and admittedly, the help would make this a lot easier. He continued down his path, indicating with a tilt of his head that she should come, too.
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She took in his words with quiet acceptance, not once considering arguing with him that perhaps it wasn’t the best decision – unlike anyone who wished to coddle her brother and his new lifestyle, Allure only wished to offer him every ounce of encouragement he would ever need.

So, staying near him, she allowed him to lead the way, though her eyes scanned around them for a cave. Their path was leading them to the stream he spoke of, and so she forced herself to relax – to let her pale brother do the walking. “For winter storage?” She had heard the tales of winter and snow – of course, at five months, she had never experienced it herself, and so it was hard for her to prepare for such a season.. but Swift had always been more mature with these things.
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?